Webcams

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I am going to buy a webcam of my own (I currently use my brother's) when I come back from vacation.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as ot the brandname or even specific models that I should look into?

Although I have a Philips webcam myself, I would recommend a Logitech, they have a nice quality and are available everywhere for sure. Apart from that there's only one advice I can give: don't take the $40 models. Both Shadowfax and myself have a webcam of around $75 which works perfectly for internet-video (60 FPS at 320x240, even though we never use more than 30 FPS at 160x120) and small photos (mine even goes up to 1280x768, but then you can clearly see that it's being resized digitally). My dad got the cheap-ass Logitech QuickCam Express from an ISP, and it's quality sucks, even at 160x120 it looks like a JPEG image with the compression set to 75%...

Well, see ya, maybe literally once you've got a webcam :headbang:

Yeah, the one I am using now is a Logitech Quickcam VC. You can't even buy them anymore! It was like the $40 model when bought, it's all black.

The webcam Shadow has good quality. It's only about $129CDN +taxes. I am thinking about getting that one. I wasn't sure though if maybe there was a better quality brand that I should look into. There's also another Logitech one that is smaller and white. I think it is a little cheaper but if noone knows anything about I i will probably go with the one like sahdow has because I know that one is good!

Thank you Mark!

Small, white, sits on top of a triangle? Like:

57.gif

...that? :p

(that's the crappy QuickCam Express I mentioned ;))

no that's not the one

the one i use now is kinda like that but black

Don't know about that one, but you can look at the specifications to see how it compares to known models...

yeah, when i am at home or on my lunch i will look at the specs in details

I don't know of any webcam which has better quality or design than the one I have, in its priceclass...

Of course a cam which costs 600 dollars would be better, but the one I have is great!
It looks really good too :)

I think my design is waaaaaaaay better though, I can move my cam a lot easier... mine kinda looks like the Logitech cam with the 'legs', built for laptops...

I think the damned thing is ugly as hell to be honest :D

But it can move more easily, that's certainly true!

Here it is:

pcvc740_750k_side_l.jpg

...it is ugly, but is does attach nicely to a laptop, has a lot of movement freedom, comes with 3 meters of cable (which is very nice, although it would be a mess if you do attach it to a laptop ;)) and doesn't differ much from your webcam when it comes to quality...

...and I got this cool Virtual Karate game along with it :D

Can't give any real recommendations, I've only seen my webcam, the crappy QuickCam Express and the QuickCam Pro 3000... so I would probably recommend the last :)

ok, i might get a webcam soon, i was curious about quality.

*viewing the page posted by Sf*

Back