Weird left turns

Jeslek

Banned
Alright, I was just wondering if there are any other countries anyone is aware of, except Saudi Arabia, where you make left turns as indicated in the picture.

Normally, when people from opposing directions make left turns, they pass each other on the left side. Ie, my car's right door faces the other person's car's right door. However, in Saudi Arabia, you pass on the RIGHT side. Meaning, the driver's face each other.

Anyone aware of countries that does this?

Attachment(s):

odd_driving.jpg, 19.45kb

149_1036377718.jpg

Janimal said:
Never heard of that. So how do they work it if there are a line of cars?
As far as I know, your front tires are not allowed over the white line, meaning only one car in the intersection at one point. Don't ask my why they would do something like that. :retard: I think it is silly, but thats the way they do things, and I was wondering if any other places do things like that.

In NC they have just passed legilation making a left turn on red onto a 1 way street legal... ya know like the right on red thing...

Must be because they don't have any women drivers to fuck things up for them, so they do it themselves. :p

Yeah you can make a left on red if its a one way street here. Gotta be careful with those laws though. Any states which you guys know of that specifically prohibit right on red and left into oneway on red? Except Quebec, they are the exception to every rule ever devised.

Ardsgaine said:
Must be because they don't have any women drivers to fuck things up for them, so they do it themselves. :p

I've only got one thing to say dear:

:screwyou:

That is the "correct" way to make a left. However, nobody does it that way, including the cops.

Janimal said:
Ardsgaine said:

I've only got one thing to say dear:

:screwyou:

I was wondering how long that would take.

:rofl:

we don't have stuff like that, but we have some "intelligent left turns", those are big and can be confusing if you don't know how they work.

the idea of those is to have no red lights in the crossing point to allow left turns.

i hope the diagram is clear enough.

Attachment(s):

inteligente.jpg, 33.14kb

88_1036394687.jpg

maybe I'm stupid in the morning and can't read a diagram, but I don't see anything odd in the picture :confuse3:

Leslie said:
maybe I'm stupid in the morning and can't read a diagram, but I don't see anything odd in the picture :confuse3:

I've been looking at that all night and thought it was just me who thought it normal.

After greater consideration ,I think what he means is that the opposing cars pass each other before turning ,whereas normally you would turn before you actually meet the car.I haven't been to sleep yet ,so I may be halucinating(sp)

A.B.Normal said:
After greater consideration ,I think what he means is that the opposing cars pass each other before turning ,whereas normally you would turn before you actually meet the car.I haven't been to sleep yet ,so I may be halucinating(sp)
Canucks, wake up...

When making a left turn, does your door face the other car's drivers-side door? Ie, can you lean over and give the other driver a kiss? (I'm trying to illustrate proximity). Or, does it happen to the passengers?....

Leslie, have some coffee... its too early in the morning to think! :D

Here is the normal driving scene

Attachment(s):

normal_driving.jpg, 19.96kb

149_1036414929.jpg

Don't worry Les. When I looked at the first diagram I made a face like this :retard: and then drew 2 or 3 diagrams of my own bfore figuring it out.

Back