Weird OTC url

greenfreak

On my neverending quest to prevent the little shits at myspace, livejournal and xanga from linking directly to the images on my website, I disabled hotlinking again.

I'm going through my referrer stats to populate the "white list" and found this link:

http://64.235.243.33/~otc/forum/printthread.php

I thought that was just the IP of the site so I took off the rest and instead of getting the homepage, got a screen that says "Apache is functioning normally".

But if you just take off the printthread.php, you see the homepage but the logo isn't there and it's not showing me as logged in.

Weird! I'd love to know what the thread was that was printed though. I've never printed a thread in 4 years on these boards.

That was probably gato, he accesses OTC through the IP instead of domain name.

ehh? :hmm: :confuse3:

I still think gato might know which thread it was. There was another member who asked how to access otc by IP, but I can't remember who he/she was (bish perhaps??).

Luis G said:
ehh? :hmm: :confuse3:

I still think gato might know which thread it was. There was another member who asked how to access otc by IP, but I can't remember who he/she was (bish perhaps??).
I'd asked both for myself (when I had issues before switching to Firefox) and for ClaireBear. Havn't used the IP addy directly in over 8 months

I think it was a pic of an orchid to show the wife. She is trying toget a green thumb...

Back