Whaa? New FIA regulations and Formula 1

what the fuck?! are they bloody INSANE?!

no car telemetry, no contact between driver and team...they can't bloody DRIVE without that contact!!

and i mean...they only allowed traction control a short while ago...why all of the sudden change that decision?!
how the hell is that going to reduce costs? same with the other ones..

yeah, make all common components, great! take away all the fun and prevent technological advancements.

bloody retards.

Looks like thet're trying to cut costs. Maybe some of the teams were ready to give up because of it. US racing has had its difficulties with that as well. Just not enough sponsorship $$$ around to support the cost of racing...

its to increase competitivity as much as reduce cost. last season was a farce as a racing spectacle, ferrari actively fixed the the driver order with team orders and many people were angered that the achievements of drivers were being pushed aside for team orders.

traction control, launch control and auto gearboxes pretty mcuh wiped out overtaking on the track and off the start grid. once the last set of refuelling took place everyone sat in parade for 20 laps unless something broke. dull as dishwater and the drivers were practically dead weight as they did nothing - the cars can be almost entirely controlled by the pit crew.

most of the stuff on the list is pretty good and should promote the best drivers winning points and races. the only tricky part will be the enforcement, expecially of electronic measures. all too recently the fia have been lax on big teams.

true, ris...last years competition was boring as hell. but fact is that ferrari has the best cars AND the best drivers. plain and simple.
and enforcing some of the regulations stated there will definately undermine the sportivity of the whole game...

oh well, jos verstappen is back again, so it'll be more fun with all the collisions lol :D

ferrari did indeed have the best car and best drivers, but when one of their drivers is getting such an unfair advantage through team orders then the situation is clearly untenable.

i think most of the things on the list will increase competitivity and therefore the active part of the sport. allowing drivers to drive the car and come where they deserve, without interference from the pits or by unnecessary aids, seems to me at the very core of the sport.

jos is back :headbang:

Yes ...This season was a bit of a farce. Wasn't it? :D You couldn't even bet on 'which' Ferrari....But teams have done that for some time.....Even more so with the manufacturer's tile yeilding high dollars now. It would be nice to see the competition tighten up...Its done wonders for NASCAR, despite all the rifs over constant rule changes.

no contact at all between team and driver makes no sense though. plus making common parts either. takes away technological advancements, and will only make differences between the cars smaller...good at one side, but bad at the other...

edit: and the teamorders...yeah, that was totally out of place. they should NEVER allow that and give huge fines to teams who DO give them

As a side bar to this...Does anyone else think yhat there should be an international holiday in memory of Colin Chapman? I do. I think he was by far the best thing that ever happened to the sport...

technological advancements in engine technology will still continue as will other things we get to see in our cars 10 years later. i know that launch control has helped me drive better today :D

i agree that communication is an odd one and in most cases i think its a useful part of the racing strategy etc. maybe there should be a control over the nature of the link and the information that can be passed over instead.

Therin lies the answer to the question, ris. Any transmission can be encoded with telemetry etc...They would have to stop all communications or spend high dollars on deciphering equipment and intelligence agents...What a basket of worms , eh?

Back