What a jerk

Professur

Did she use lemon juice? It helps to keep the fruit from browning.

I suggested doing one thing at a time to learn how it would work. She knew better. I walked away.

The kids are going to school this morning with jerky in their lunches.

Inkara1

None of the kids likes raisins (yet they all love grapes. *shakes head*)

Raisins are good!

I grew up watching the California Raisins singing "I Heard It Through the Grapevine." :D

(Oddly enough, in 1988, the sales of California Raisin products, such as plush figures, etc., grossed more than California farmers made selling actual raisins. wiki)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's next year. I missed the season this year because I changed bow and I'm really not happy with this new one's reliability (or my reliability with it) in the field. Nailing the 10 ring in a shootoff is one thing, but the valley is really sloppy and it's a bitch hitting my anchor point without effort.

Use a 30-30. Makes venison jerky happen sooner.;)

Professur

If it was a main source of food, I'd be right there with ya, Gonz .... but it's not. Therefore, I fully intend to give the animal as good a head start as I can.

With a 30-30 the animal doesn't know you're there ... because you're not even there yet. You can be completely upwind and he'll still never sent you at those ranges. With a bow, I've got to get well within sniffing range. There's better odds that the one I'll take isn't the smart deer.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
mmmm banana chips

I don't know how to make them...just how to buy them...I'm sure I could figure it out but I don't have a dehydrater so it'd be a wee bit difficult.

chcr

Too cute for words
If it was a main source of food, I'd be right there with ya, Gonz .... but it's not. Therefore, I fully intend to give the animal as good a head start as I can.

With a 30-30 the animal doesn't know you're there ... because you're not even there yet. You can be completely upwind and he'll still never sent you at those ranges. With a bow, I've got to get well within sniffing range. There's better odds that the one I'll take isn't the smart deer.

Now I understood that you're supposed to sit high in a tree (in a comfy chair of course) with your high powered, semi-automatic weapon and sprinkle "doe juice" and bait all over the ground, then wait for the deer to be irresistably drawn to you.

Oh look, I forgot about the alcohol. Evidently, you're supposed to be drunk as well. I guess being half-smashed is what gives the deer (and the cows and the other "hunters") a "sporting chance" huh?

Sounds more like fishing to me but I'm told it's hunting. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No, no, no. Buy a small piece of land. Plant clover all over it. Spend the year putting piles of corn & other goodies in or near the same spot, near your lean-to resting spot.

Or, go to the mountains & start walking/stalking.

I've always prefered the latter.

Professur

Gonz .... baiting and food plots are illegal in Quebec.

Chic, we all eagerly await what you'd like to see hunting restricted to.

Simply, how I intend to hunt, is from a ground blind, after having tracked the animal in it's natural habitat ... without spooking it. I won't ever be 30' up in anything that doesn't have jet engines and wings.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gonz .... baiting and food plots are illegal in Quebec.

Chic, we all eagerly await what you'd like to see hunting restricted to.

Simply, how I intend to hunt, is from a ground blind, after having tracked the animal in it's natural habitat ... without spooking it. I won't ever be 30' up in anything that doesn't have jet engines and wings.

30'? pffft that's child's play!

I go up 20 stories on a regular basis...in a steel basket suspended by cables :D

Hell, I'd venture to guess that I've been on a ladder neigh on 30' (vertical with a cage)

Professur

Wanna impress me? 30', no cage, stand up, fire a bow, and hit a target 30 yards away, within 2" of centre. Then I'll be impressed. I'll still think you're an idiot for even trying it, but I'll be impressed.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I've stood at the edge of roofs before...I mean...I've said too much!

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Prof, deer season starts in less than a month here for shotgun. Havent bow hunted in 5 years. Was gonna start it back up but the bow disappeared along with much else while i was in an extended away from home. (hmmm...) fortunately i had me guns with me.
Anyways i think all the meat will become jerky this year. The other half has made comment of being out of summer sausage for her and the boys. But i figure she can go herself or get her dad to foot the bill for it this year.
On the otherhand me and the boys will enjoy the spoils while they are with me.
If im lucky enough to tag 2 deer then SS will be enjoyed too.

catocom

I'm hoping there will be some extra ground deer around this year.
Can't hunt, but looking to buy.
Maybe I'll get up early one or two morns and see if I can catch one in my field.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
yea with an overdraw on it. otherwise tack a couple inches on it.
We are doing alot of router/sonic wall work for mathews. We are trying to get them to just give us a few solocams in trade. I would give my left nut for a solocam switchback.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
yea with an overdraw on it. otherwise tack a couple inches on it.
We are doing alot of router/sonic wall work for mathews. We are trying to get them to just give us a few solocams in trade. I would give my left nut for a solocam switchback.

For sure!

(what is a solocam?)