what a night

Spot said:
average car accident bill runs about $1500 here. ambulance, ER visit, CT scan and xrays. about $1600 if a few sutures are put in and a motrin given.
And make sure you don't hit a utility pole. They make you pay for that too. The ones with transformers are especially expensive.

greenfreak said:
And make sure you don't hit a utility pole. They make you pay for that too. The ones with transformers are especially expensive.
only if you break it. 'course if ya going fast enough to break a phone pole with a car, you've got other pressing problems to deal with.

Spot said:
2 heroin OD's. begining of the month. everyone has their checks.
2 people that passed out after doing drugs and were awakened by their friend pouring bleach on them (it was in a water container. the friend thought it was water. guess they have no sense of smell)
3 drunks with near comatose alcohol levels. one of them had to be restrained when they started swinging and spitting at us.

Do us all a favor & let them die.

cant. thats murder.
we can do very unpleasant things to them though, if needed. ;)

Spot said:
only if you break it. 'course if ya going fast enough to break a phone pole with a car, you've got other pressing problems to deal with.
One night when we're on MSN I'll tell you a story about that. :D

Spot said:
cant. thats murder.
we can do very unpleasant things to them though, if needed. ;)

Amazing, we must save scumbags but must allow death to those who might improve with rehab.

Whether going minus health insurance is living dangerously or not depends on the quantity and liquidity of his assets.

Gonz said:
Amazing, we must save scumbags but must allow death to those who might improve with rehab.
the scumbags have just as good a chance at rehab. better actually.
i watched the videos on that site. i dont see anything to indicate to me that she is aware of her surroundings any more than an infant would be aware of their surroundings. her improving with rehab is, IMO, unfortunate wishful thinking. her life is probably going to be a series of UTI's, pneumonia, sepsis, bed sores and infections. i'm torn on her case as i agree that removing the feeding tube is cruel however, her quality of life is questionable at best.
it is a good thing that her parents are so involved with her care as it will decrease the occurances of the various infections i mentioned, but they will happen. i do wonder why the parents are doing this. is it for her, or for themselves.

after reading the discharge summary on the site, it seems like the code went too long. she was hypoxic for too long. brain tissue died. her low potassium count and high white blood cell count were more than likely the cause of her collapsing in the first place. they had her on a few very strong meds to keep her going. a very sad case.

Since there is no living will, her husband got the money, has a honey, add 2 kids with said honey, the parents are willing to let him disappear, scot-free, if he turns over her rehab/life to them...who's hurt? As long as he pulls the strings, she is the only one getting hurt. Or dead.

I firmly believe in the power of the living will. This case has too many quirks.

Back