What a wonderful Canadian spring day :)

Jeslek

Banned
Hehe, it is about -4 right now (25 F), windchill is -14, wind is 52 km/h (35 mph) and visibility is 1.4 km (0.9 mi), with heavy snowfall.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Damn...and I thought that Montreal and Edmonton was bad...Vancouver's being snowed upon?

Get ready folx...hell IS freezing over! :)

MrBishop said:
Damn...and I thought that Montreal and Edmonton was bad...Vancouver's being snowed upon?

Get ready folx...hell IS freezing over! :)

Jizliks from Ontario,out in B.C. its raining . Good thing too ,damn allergies were acting up with all the damn pollen in the AIR.

80 gets old quick. freako....then it gets to be 90-95, with 90%+ humidity.

Janimal said:
This is the very reason why I live in Florida. Snow in April is just wrong.
I used to live in Toronto at one time. Please note that I don't anymore.
84 here today.

Who said I'm not at a beach? If I recall, I only said I was at an undisclosed location. :p ;) :D

Yuck. I've been on the beach on an ordinary windy day...it was irritating, to say the least. I couldn't even imagine the undisclosed location kinda sandstorms. I'd be whining to go home every 5 minutes :D

I dunno, somehow that doesn't make it any more enticing to me. Sand in the face, course talcum powder in the face, masks, no Law & Order, dirty underwear, food you can't recognize, people shooting at you. Just doesn't sound like my kinda place. Good thing I'm not a soldier, huh?:D

Q said:
I dunno, somehow that doesn't make it any more enticing to me. Sand in the face, course talcum powder in the face, masks, no Law & Order, dirty underwear, food you can't recognize, people shooting at you. Just doesn't sound like my kinda place. Good thing I'm not a soldier, huh?:D

No masks...there is law and order...we have laundry facilities...the only strange food here is the Swarma (sp)...Nobody here has fired a weapon yet... Safer than being in the South Bronx... :D

Swarma (Shawerma)

1/2 lb filet mignon.
3/4 tsp bohar.
1/2 tsp sumac.
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 TB oil.
1 medium tomatoes.
1/2 small onion.

Method
Slice meat on a bias very thin. Then slice into julienne strips.
Mix together all the dry spices and sprinkle on top of the meat.
Add the oil and stir.
Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Heat a frying pan or wok. When hot add a little oil and heat.
When hot, add some of the meat to form a single layer, so it is not crowded in the pan
Continue to fry on the hottest heat possible, and turn the meat over so it cooks quite quickly. About 2 minutes.
Remove and place on a dish.
Repeat until all the meat is cooked.
Add to the pan the onions and tomatoes, cook for 1/2 minute. Add the already cooked meat. Mix completely. Serve, on bread with some tahina.

Back