What about your tree?

chatty kathy

Usually we have a live tree for christmas....This is the first year we bought a artificial tree.....it already has lights on it. I was going to buy all light green ornaments and ribbon. but now I cant decide if I dig through the boxes....put all the old decorations on it....(note that opening the boxes could cause tears) It has been two yrs since I have seen these decorations and a lot of them are very sentimental. Just like my pictures....I havent opened those yet either! so should I get it over with?

tonksy

well....what's the point of having all those things if you never take them out and at least look at them? go for it.

IDLEchild

Give up and do not celebrate Christmas or open the box. Why is it so sentimental? I understand how opening the box of ornaments can bring strong memories...especially for me, the memories i get of how those fuckers were so hard to put away in the first place only to be unleashed annually but why are yours so strong that it is tear inducing? Painful or happy?

kuulani

I'm not sure what the cause of the tears will be, but crying can be considered therapeutical. *hugs*

chatty kathy

Thanks for the replys......the tree is decorated.....my nephews helped me and they had a blast.....it kept my mind off of memories.....It just made some new ones......it was great to see the boys so happy decorating....been a long time since I have seen little ones around the tree....and lots of little laughter!!!! It was great. :swing: