What age did you get your driver's license?

What age did you get your driver's license?

• 14, 15

Votes: 25 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 18-22

• 23+

• Total voters
I'm 18 and haven't eve took the course yet, for a few reasons:

1) I can afford the course, but I don't have the money for the licenses, etc. and keeping a car in QC for me would be fecking expensive and useless for now.

2) I prioritize my studies and stuff related to them (ie. I'm rushing like mad in college), so I don't have time to take the courses yet, even on weekends...

:(

got my license at 17. i have no humerous stories to tell because i live in massachusettes where i am the only one that knows what he is doing behind the wheel of a car. :D ;)

I got my Driving licence at 17, passed first time.

The funniest thing that happned to me was about half way through my lessons, the instructor got a brand new car, and I promptly reversed it in to a lamp post - and bent the bumper - the same day that he got it.

My wife has just passed, she is 27, passed second time.

I got mine at 16. I learned to drive in a 1962 Ford Fairlane, with non-power brakes and drums on all four wheels. The steering wheel has about three or four inches of play in either direction. After driving that thing, a "modern" 1991 Mercury Sable (my mom's car at the time) was easy to take the test in. Amazingly, I only got a 77 on the test (75 and up required to pass). I think I'm a much better driver than a 77... and I have a perfect record in the five years since then.

I was 16. On the first try I hit the car next to me while trying to back out of the parking spot. *sigh* I thought the lady giving the test was going to lose it. She was freaking out.

I was nervous, and driving my mom's Pinto, which didn't have power steering-- you had to stand on the damn steering wheel in order to turn it. Plus, it was like sitting in a hole, so I was having trouble seeing over the other cars whether it was safe to back out. I cut too sharp, and the fender scrubbed the car beside me. All it did was wipe some of their blue paint onto our brown paint. The cops came out. They were very amused. The person who owned the blue car didn't want to report it to the insurance company, so I got off pretty lightly, except for the embarrassment, which plagues me to this day. :( :p

Inkara1 said:
I got mine at 16. I learned to drive in a 1962 Ford Fairlane, with non-power brakes and drums on all four wheels. The steering wheel has about three or four inches of play in either direction. After driving that thing, a "modern" 1991 Mercury Sable (my mom's car at the time) was easy to take the test in. Amazingly, I only got a 77 on the test (75 and up required to pass). I think I'm a much better driver than a 77... and I have a perfect record in the five years since then.

i drive an old datsun 1974, i fully agree with you......driving new cars is just sooooooo easy :D

Back