What are you listening to right now?

tonksy said:
Nix, That's a Rupert Holmes song called Escape...if Jimmy redid it and retitled it then...I dunno, I think that's some kind of copywrite infringement.

Glad I'm not his lawyer then :D

I dunno...the version I have says Jimmy Buffet and there are lyrics sites with it listed as one of his songs...

Nixy said:
Glad I'm not his lawyer then :D

I dunno...the version I have says Jimmy Buffet and there are lyrics sites with it listed as one of his songs...
I know. I had the same issue with quite a few songs :D And Chic was quick to point those out too! Our resident musical know-it-all....and I mean that in a nice way.

tonksy said:
I know. I had the same issue with quite a few songs :D And Chic was quick to point those out too! Our resident musical know-it-all....and I mean that in a nice way.

Apparently Jimmy Buffet DID do a cover of the song...and he DID keep the title "Escape". I never knew the real title...just the lyrics cause I heard it in "The Sweetest Thing"...although interestingly...Buffet doesn't sing the version in The Sweetest Thing

Nixy said:
Apparently Jimmy Buffet DID do a cover of the song...and he DID keep the title "Escape". I never knew the real title...just the lyrics cause I heard it in "The Sweetest Thing"...although interestingly...Buffet doesn't sing the version in The Sweetest Thing
I'd like to hear his version. I quite like the song.

tonksy said:
I'd like to hear his version. I quite like the song.
I'd have to ask my sister to be sure. She's a serious parrot-head and she'll know. :D Buffet's recorded about everything though so it wouldn't surprise me. I've never heard him sing it though. Re The Sweetest Thing, that was Rupert Holmes. He wrote it and had the original recording. He also did a little thing called Key Largo (We had it all, just like Bogey and Bacall). I liked that one much better but I'm a big Bogart fan.

Oh yeah:
TW Henderson--Take a Turn for the Nurse

(KOQX San Jose blues radio off the internet. The Atlanta Blues Society has a stream that I listen to a lot too)

Back