What are you watching RIGHT NOW?

Nothing. I'm taking a break from writing the synopsis for my road rallye coming up this Saturday. I tell you what, I'll post the story since no one I know from rallyes knows about this place, tell me what you think, and there are some points where they don't make perfect sense because there's gimmicks involved with them (4 in the story, small hint for one: Take is defined as Left on; the others involve saying something to someone). Also, the last rallye had a Star Wars theme.

Not so long ago on a baseball diamond not far away, Kevin Costly met with minor league catcher Crash Davis in Durham to learn more about his role in an upcoming movie. He learned many things about baseball from Crash, such as that baseball is like a religion to some people. If you see Crash Davis, tell him that baseball is a religion. Crash often ended up arguing with umpires. Whenever he said the ‘magic word’, he’d get thrown out of the ball game. Tonight we want you to say the ‘magic word’ to the umpire. Crash loved chasing people down in rundowns. Take Chase! Many of the stories Crash told Kevin were a bit farfetched, so tell Kevin Costly that Crash’s stories are a bunch of bull.

I think I'm subtle enough. :D

well, seeing as how it's only 3:30pm here, I'm watching a bunch of students scramble to get their multimedia projects done for my class by the tomorrow deadline :D ... MUUUUHHAAAHHHAAAA I love having power :D

We just got through watching the second half of Pearl Harbor. Now the TV's off and we're both on the board until bedtime. Janimal is being a bad girl, dialing in through her work connection. (Ooooo, I'm gonna tell!) :eek: :p

Ardsgaine said:
We just got through watching the second half of Pearl Harbor. Now the TV's off and we're both on the board until bedtime. Janimal is being a bad girl, dialing in through her work connection. (Ooooo, I'm gonna tell!) :eek: :p

Well first, if you wouldn't hog the danged ISP connection all the time I wouldn't have to!

Second, somehow I really don't think anyone's going to bitch about me using a not-even-28k-speed connection. Yes folks, that's right <28k (ISP connection is better).

Your ISP doesn't allow you to dial in multiple times? :eek:

What about create additional dialup usernames?

I use SBC Yahoo (nee Prodigy) and they allow up to 10 additional free user ID's, including an email address, web space, and dialup account. Too bad their servers suck so hard I get disconnected every 5-6 hours. :(

My old ISP, while it wasn't so good at accounting (forgot to bill me for a year, then wanted the whole year's worth at the same time), it allowed you to shotgun on one account, meaning dial up to it with 2 modems in the same system to get more bandwidth, or 2 modems on 2 different systems to use it at one location while you're still connected at another.

Luis G said:
what?.....

do you have a non-56k modem?

Mine is a 56k. The RAS connection at work is 28k. When I have the ISP connection, I can PPTP to work and it's a good bit faster.

fury said:
Your ISP doesn't allow you to dial in multiple times?

Nope, we can't dial in multiple times with the same account. We might be able to create additional dialup usernames, but I think that would cost more. We do get multiple email accounts with it though, so that end is covered.

Unfortunately our only choice for high-speed access where we are at is a satellite modem, and the last time I looked, that was still on the expensive side. There's no cable, no DSL, probably not even the option of ISDN (although I probably wouldn't pay for that option either). It's the price we pay for being out in the middle of nowhere.

:( :( :( :(

nalani said:
well, seeing as how it's only 3:30pm here, I'm watching a bunch of students scramble to get their multimedia projects done for my class by the tomorrow deadline ... MUUUUHHAAAHHHAAAA I love having power

I think all that bitchslapping has gone to her head...

Janimal said:
Luis G said:
what?.....

do you have a non-56k modem?

Mine is a 56k. The RAS connection at work is 28k. When I have the ISP connection, I can PPTP to work and it's a good bit faster.

fury said:
Your ISP doesn't allow you to dial in multiple times?

Nope, we can't dial in multiple times with the same account. We might be able to create additional dialup usernames, but I think that would cost more. We do get multiple email accounts with it though, so that end is covered.

Unfortunately our only choice for high-speed access where we are at is a satellite modem, and the last time I looked, that was still on the expensive side. There's no cable, no DSL, probably not even the option of ISDN (although I probably wouldn't pay for that option either). It's the price we pay for being out in the middle of nowhere.

:( :( :( :(
Don't feel bad. I'm out in the middle of almost somewhere (a city of I think 60,000 people, possibly more since I last checked), and I still can't get cable or DSL (tried this in two different locations, each time I'm just barely too far away to qualify, god damnit! :mad: ), not even satellite is available here. ISDN is about $60 a month for barely 15 kilobits faster than my maximum connect speed (49.3kb).

Back