What are your teams?

markjs

Banned
Not everyone is a fan of every sport nor is everyone a fan of the hometeam.

Personally I am a homer and I love the Seattle Mariners and the Seattle Seahawks much maligned as they both be. Someday we are going to win it all, but I only hope I am still alive....

FOOTBALL!
i'm a houston texans fan. i also root for the new orleans saints and the atlanta falcons.
if we're talking college ball, i like LSU and UGA.

I am a poor working class lad witha family. I can't afford to have a team. I do enjoy watching the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders when they're winning or not sucking so badly though.

I'm a homer too, my two favorites are the Bears and Cubs. Bears are driving me nuts, don't know what to expect anymore 'cause now Krenzel's 3-0 as a starter despite being awful (but still better than Quinn) and the defense keeps coming up with amazing plays every week. The TD interception by DE Haynes last week reminded me of the Keith Traylor interception several years ago, comical watching him 'try' to outrun everyone.

The Steelers have really put themselves not only among the elite but above them by beating the Pats and Eagles in back to back weeks. Falcons are probably the closest competition to the Eagles in the NFC.

Cubs, meanwhile, well, I'm not ready to discuss them for a while...

Stop Laughing said:
Cubs, meanwhile, well, I'm not ready to discuss them for a while...

They do seem to be going out of their way to keep "A Dyin' Cub Fan's Last Request" in my guitar solo mix. ;)

markjs said:
Someday we are going to win it all, but I only hope I am still alive....
being a Red Sox fan, all i have to say is keep the faith. miracles do happen. ;)

Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins fan. well...will be a Bruins fan if they ever play again..
i dont follow many other teams but i do like the Jets, Colts, Avalance, and Mariners.

In baseball, it's all about the Texas Rangers for me.

I was born and raised a Raiders and Cowboys fan in football. I also follow the Texans because I went to school with David Carr and got to interview him for the school paper back before the Texans were looking at him for their top pick.

Gonz said:
I am a poor working class lad witha family. I can't afford to have a team. I do enjoy watching the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders when they're winning or not sucking so badly though.
gee..i guess you don't watch alot of football then. :p
i'm a raiders fan myself. i was hoping that this year would be different with the intro of warren sapp.

tonksy said:
gee..i guess you don't watch alot of football then. :p
i'm a raiders fan myself. i was hoping that this year would be different with the intro of warren sapp.
You mean the most overrated player in the NFL last year?

chcr said:
You mean the most overrated player in the NFL last year?
i love warren. he is very animated. i was hoping he would get the raiders all pumped up and motivated :shrug:

No need for such 'doom and gloom'. I've been a Steelers fan since 1962...and teams have both good, and bad years. If you're a true fan, it shows whether 'your' team is winning, or not. ;)

My two big sports these days are stock car racing and baseball, and I root for Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the New York Yankees. Some people choose to see that as bandwagoning or somehow undesirable, but those people can take a hike.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, racing is a sport. ;)

abooja said:
My two big sports these days are stock car racing and baseball, and I root for Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the New York Yankees. Some people choose to see that as bandwagoning or somehow undesirable, but those people can take a hike.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, racing is a sport. ;)

But the Yankees aren't pros. :p :devious:

Major League Baseball - Texas Rangers

NBA - don't really care. If I had to pick a team, I'd take the San Antonio Spurs because I always respected David Robinson.

NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Stock Car Racing - Elliott Sadler or anybody EXCEPT Dale Earnhardt Junior or kevin harvick.

College Football - Penn State or whoever is playing Tennessee.

College Basketball - no real favorite.

Back