What are your teams?

SouthernN'Proud said:
Major League Baseball - Texas Rangers

NBA - don't really care. If I had to pick a team, I'd take the San Antonio Spurs because I always respected David Robinson.

NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Stock Car Racing - Elliott Sadler or anybody EXCEPT Dale Earnhardt Junior or kevin harvick.

College Football - Penn State or whoever is playing Tennessee.

College Basketball - no real favorite.
Gasp!!!! Man I was rooting so hard for Vandy Saturday. ;)

I'm a NY kid, I root for the Yanks, the Knicks and the Jets. College football finds me being disappointed by my alma mater, Cornell. At least there's not a lot of crap about bowl bids and such. Ivy League schools don't get bowl bids. Harvard is 10-0. Stock cars don't do a thing for me. Make 'em go out there and race "stock" cars again (let's see how fast they get aroung the banking at Daytona in a stock, front wheel drive car). Actually I like motorcycle roadracing best, then F1 and sports cars. WRC is a lot of fun but those guys are crazy.

But since the Ivy league is in I-AA, they have a chance for the playoffs.

I don't follow the NBA much, and my favorite college team in every sport is, of course, Fresno State.

Inkara1 said:
But since the Ivy league is in I-AA, they have a chance for the playoffs.
Well, they would, but somewhere they got this silly idea that college is about academics. They don't go.

Cal Poly (about 20 miles south of me) is a well-regarded school academically, too, and they also don't go to the playoffs.

They'd like to, but the playoff selection committee apparently snubbed Cal Poly this year in favor of Lehigh, whom they similarly shafted last year.

I'm a Braves fan, and would like to be a Falcons fan but just can't make myself do it. I keep trying.

Frankly, other than MLB, I just don't give much of a shit.

Albert Einstein arrives at a party and introduces himself to the first person he sees and asks,
"What is your IQ?" to which the man answers "241."
"That is wonderful!," says Albert. "We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the Universe. We will have much to discuss!"

Next Albert introduces himself to a woman and asks, "What is your IQ?" To which the lady answers, "144."
"That is great!," responds Albert. "We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!"

Albert goes to another person and asks, "What is your IQ?" to which the man answers, "51."
Albert responds, "How 'bout them Cowboys?"

:D

Gato_Solo said:

Albert Einstein arrives at a party and introduces himself to the first person he sees and asks,
"What is your IQ?" to which the man answers "241."
"That is wonderful!," says Albert. "We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the Universe. We will have much to discuss!"

Next Albert introduces himself to a woman and asks, "What is your IQ?" To which the lady answers, "144."
"That is great!," responds Albert. "We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!"

Albert goes to another person and asks, "What is your IQ?" to which the man answers, "51."
Albert responds, "How 'bout them Cowboys?"

:D

:rofl4:

I used to be a semifan of the Mariners until they got a dumb rock in their heads and traded Randy Johnson.

Oakland A's and Philadelphia Phillies. My childhood hero was Mike Schmidt. World Series 1980. I can still remember ol' Tug jumpin' up in the air and Larry Bowa sreamin' his head off at third base. I was jumpin up and down in front of the tv at the time so that about all I remember.

Gato_Solo said:
Yep. They went belly-up when Darryl Strawberry left... :p Steinbrenner hasn't been able to buy any decent talent since...regardless of the outcome. :p:p:p
At least we agree on politics, because you clearly know nothing about baseball. :lol2: ;)

NFL - Minnesota Vikings (up and down year. Currently winning but still underachieving).
MLB - Milwaukee Brewers (suck).
NBA - Indiana Pacers (artest).
NHL - er, um. Maybe next year? When they play, St. Louis Blues.

College teams - Wisconsin and Indiana. I know both are in the Big 10, but they aren't really rivals in any sport.

Back