What can't we do?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Going to the moon and returning .jpgs from Mars are childs play.

This is amazing:
Floating 300,000,000 lbs of steel on the water.

The Queen Mary 2 is equal to 23 stories (above the water line), 150k tons & , 1132 feet long & 135 feet wide & capable of a crew and passenger list of over 3800 at a cost of $800 million.

Never say impossible.

Qm2.gif

come to think of it...i bet they pay the crew pretty good, huh?...and i bet everything isn't battleship grey.

Childs play? How many children do you know with the 100s of thinktank doctorates and 5000+ years of blood, sweat, and study that went into the project?

Making pancakes is childs play. Rocket science is rocket science ... but then again... anything would be childs play after throwing a few billion dollars at it.

tonks said:
come to think of it...i bet they pay the crew pretty good, huh?...and i bet everything isn't battleship grey.

Prolly not.....the works of art on the ship alone come to summit like £3.5 million :eh:

A bit to fluffy and fancy for the likes of me (I'd only get confined to me cabin for pissing overboard or summit) but spangly for those that can afford it :swing:

Oh, and tell the captain to watch out for ice....

IDLEchild said:
Not really. Anything less dense than water will float regardless of its weight.

I understand the physics of flight, generally. That doesn't make a 747 take-off less amazing.

Stupid terrorists. This kind of info used to be easy to get & now all I can find is this reference to her engines
Her engines generate enough power to light a small city of 300,000 people.

tonks said:
nuclear engines are a little expensive to maintain...not that i am an expert...

But they are highly efficient. The two Uranium nuclear reactors of Harry. S. Truman can push the ship at full speed for a continious of 20 years non-stop.

Technical gibberish..

On the technical side, the Queen Mary 2 powerplant will include two gas turbines and four diesel engines. More than two-thirds of this energy will be used to power a state-of-the-art MermaidTM Pod Propulsion System, comprised of two fixed and two azimuthing pod units. The first four-pod installation to date, the powerful new system will provide a speed of nearly 30 knots with low noise and vibration levels and maximum manoeuvrability.

Just don't ask me about it........it might as well be written in Greek for all I understand :shrug:

IDLEchild said:
But they are highly efficient. The two Uranium nuclear reactors of Harry. S. Truman can push the ship at full speed for a continious of 20 years non-stop.
yeah..i know, but this is a cruiseship not a carrier...is it efficient enough to warrant the cost in this case?

Back