What did you forget??

chatty kathy

A very busy morning here. Packing away christmas. moving everything back where it was b4. Still have some cleaning left but wanted to take a break..when I went into the cabinet to get something out I saw a gold star plate that should have been packed with the other xmas things...OH Well !! guess it will stay out till next year if it doesn't break.....rrrrrrrr......the boxes are taped and ready to go up....and I am to damm tired to bother opening them. :banghead:

HeXp£Øi±

Burned the christmas tree this morning. One of my favorite post christmas rituals. As for everything else, stuff it randomly in boxes and worry about the mess next year.

tonksy

i haven't taken down the christmas decorations yet...prolly won't for a bit..or i may do it while i watch the sugar bowl....i'll be packing them up good though because of the move, so nothing breaks...and thankfully the christmas stuff is, like, 95% mine :)

Ms Ann Thrope

hmmm... didn't get a tree this year, but I did decorate the shrubs outside with ornaments and bows, and some urns at my front door with greenery, and a wreath....inside I have poinsettias, some evergreens in vases and garlands....that's all staying until February DAMMIT!

I mean it really does look nice......

chatty kathy

Ms Ann Thrope said:
geez..... we never took anything down until after January 7th.... 12 days of Christmas, you know? 12th night?
I use to wait to take them down....but figured with the way I have been working when I return....there won't be any time to get to it and they may stay up forever...and it kept me out of bed ....(still missing my family from the xmas vacation) the busier I am the better I am.

chatty kathy

tonks said:
i haven't taken down the christmas decorations yet...prolly won't for a bit..or i may do it while i watch the sugar bowl....i'll be packing them up good though because of the move, so nothing breaks...and thankfully the christmas stuff is, like, 95% mine :)
All of my decorations made it. I was really worried about the tree ornaments, but I packed them well and they made it from Jersey to Florida....I hope yours do too !

Mare

Ms Ann Thrope said:
geez..... we never took anything down until after January 7th.... 12 days of Christmas, you know? 12th night?

Little Christmas-Thats what my mom always did too....When I still lived in Jersey-I would keep things up too because she would remind me. Living down here in FL though-its not the same at Christmas time. Maybe the move and the first Christmas here-it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be though (emotionally). I guess because the boys kept me going, and anticipating their faces Christmas morning.....
It is in the 80's in the day here now-shhhhhhewww-January and thinking of the beach. Its hard to wear shorts and think its Christmas time.