what do i need to get a US visa?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Being a mexican is very hard to get one, because all of those damn illegal immigrants over there.

Next year I want to make a trip to the US starting in our border up to Maine.

So what do I need to increase my chances of getting a visa?

i dont know exactly but if you can sa why you are making the trip and how long youll be, citizenship test.

Luis G said:
Being a mexican is very hard to get one, because all of those damn illegal immigrants over there.

Next year I want to make a trip to the US starting in our border up to Maine.

So what do I need to increase my chances of getting a visa?

Plata. Mucho plata.

Seriuosly, though, if you're still in school, you may be able to get a student visa. A regular visa would require you to have a round-trip ticket, proof of citizenship (of your home country :D ), and a fairly clear itinerary.

Contact the nearest US consular office within Mexico itself and ask them.

How many days is the trip intended to be?

Hey man, why go through all the trouble of getting a visa? Just hop on a truck with a bunch of illegals & catch a free ride :shrug:

Gato, I have the engineer degree and currently i'm studying to get a master degree, to do so I have a credit scholarship that will last 2 years. Is that enough to prove that i have no intentions to remain there?, I'm not rich either so the mucho plata get ruled out.

PT, I'd have to bribe the US embassy or consulate personal.

unc, the trip will be aproximately of about 2 weeks. It can not be more since i'm still studying.

Driving from Mexico to Maine and back to Mexico in two weeks? Wow, you aren't allowing for a lot of down time I guess huh? :)

Hey, if you're looking from ideas on what to see, maybe you could check out Dan's old thread about traveling the states. Why Maine? You should stop at NY, there's nothing north of here worth seeing. ;)

JUST KIDDING. :D

What time of year are we talking about? The weather might have a role to play too. You always joke about preferring warm weather, if you go that far north in any other season besides summer, you're going to freeze your ass off. :laugh:

greenfreak said:
Driving from Mexico to Maine and back to Mexico in two weeks? Wow, you aren't allowing for a lot of down time I guess huh? :)

Hey, if you're looking from ideas on what to see, maybe you could check out Dan's old thread about traveling the states. Why Maine? You should stop at NY, there's nothing north of here worth seeing. ;)

JUST KIDDING. :D

What time of year are we talking about? The weather might have a role to play too. You always joke about preferring warm weather, if you go that far north in any other season besides summer, you're going to freeze your ass off. :laugh:

The trip will be most likely next summer, I'll go all the way to Maine because my girl has family over there. Of course i plan to visit NY ;)

Luis, From Tijuana to Portland Maine is about 3200 miles. 500 per day will take 8-10 hours. Are you sure you want to cut it that short?

Back