What do you define as love?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Love is a pretty subjective concept. The idea of love can change dramatically from person to person. What's all there before you yourself can call it love?

The only real love I've experienced is that which happens in a family (the unconditional, inherited kind), but I'm talking about the kind that happens between two people either in friendship or in relationship.

Jeslek

Banned
fury said:
Love is a pretty subjective concept. The idea of love can change dramatically from person to person. What's all there before you yourself can call it love?

The only real love I've experienced is that which happens in a family (the unconditional, inherited kind), but I'm talking about the kind that happens between two people either in friendship or in relationship.
Love... First, agape (Greek) love is unconditional love. Love that a baby has for his mother, complete and total trust included. I have this love for my bloodfriend. Total, complete, and nothing lacking. I'd bite a bullet for him and I would die for him. :)

Second love is romantic love. Now this is tricky... Love does not involve sex. Love does not require sex. Love simply means putting your mate's desires first. From that flows emotions and romance, and from that sex, eventually. That is why I want only one partner for life.

The above is how I see it...

freako104

love is where you care enough for a person and they mean a lot to you. this can be romantic or it can be among friends or family. adn as long as they never hurt you and are there for you.

ris

i choose not to define love but rather to be happy to experience it.

i'm sorry to disagree with you lastlegionary but i think love is a lot more than 'simply placing your partners desires first'. i could put my partner's desires before my own all day but she might never love me or i her. i would make a pretty handy doormat though.

nalani

well, I could tell you what I define it as but it'd be wrong ... how do I know? well, if I were right, I'd be in love and loved back ....

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
nalani said:
well, I could tell you what I define it as but it'd be wrong ... how do I know? well, if I were right, I'd be in love and loved back ....

Hey Na, Love is what you define it as, you just have to find the person that feels the same way, don't you dare settle for anything less.

halamikage

:shrug: I'd have to agree with LL. Love definately doesn't require sex. Love should be putting the desires of mate first but also putting your mate first. Don't get me wrong, putting his family before me is fine but I'd like to be put in at least the top 2 (I guess that doesn't leave much). Well, I'd take a third to the friends as long as I'm not cemented after the friends.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
If it is to be defined, Love must seperate itself from the varying degrees of lust and infatuation. For that reason alone I have elevated Love to be that which you are willing to die for. I would die for family,... my children...siblings...etc. And there have been loves in my life that I would have, and almost did die for. And there were times that I loved so deeply that I thought the love itself would kill me. Still trying to survive one of those.....and looking, again, for someone worth dying for.

AlladinSane

If you asked me one year ago I would have given this answer:
Love comes when you find someone that completes you. That suplly your needs, everything you lack. I.e: If you lack self-esteem you'd love someone that push your mood high.
Now I think another completely different thing, because I really think one can be completely self-supportive and still love someone else. When it happens, its sublime...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I smell bitterness on your breath, Bubba ;)

You've either taken up drinking again or had a rather nasty brush with love... Welcome to the club! :headbang:

mabam

Love is a feeling of being complete.
With the family or with the person you are romantically involved with, they make You complete...

Other kinds of love isn't love.. that is lust.

75renegade

[/quote]Love... First, agape (Greek) love is unconditional love. Love that a baby has for his mother, complete and total trust included. I have this love for my bloodfriend. Total, complete, and nothing lacking. I'd bite a bullet for him and I would die for him. :)

Second love is romantic love. Now this is tricky... Love does not involve sex. Love does not require sex. Love simply means putting your mate's desires first. From that flows emotions and romance, and from that sex, eventually. That is why I want only one partner for life.

The above is how I see it...[/quote]

I'll throw my lot in with LL. I appreciate yer prorty Bro!! :)

IMHO love is a "choice", not based on "feelings". Perhaps a choice made in spite of how one feels at a given moment.

To affirm what LL said about his love for his friend, my sources say, " greater love has no one than this, to lay down one's life for his friends".

I'm all about that kind of love myself...............though only because someone had the courage to love me that way first..........Peace!
[/size][/b]

(Man, I got the whole, font thing in this post all messed up.........Rock on anyhows) :)