What do you think of this stamp for wedding invites?

greenfreak

nd_trueblue_d.jpg

They have nothing else love related or more formal since the rate changed. I figured they'd introduce something for Valentine's Day but this is it so far.

Too casual for a wedding invite? It's actually quite fitting, me being a bird watcher and all. But it's not as feminine as I would like.

greenfreak said:
nd_trueblue_d.jpg

They have nothing else love related or more formal since the rate changed. I figured they'd introduce something for Valentine's Day but this is it so far.

Too casual for a wedding invite? It's actually quite fitting, me being a bird watcher and all. But it's not as feminine as I would like.

When do the invites have to go out?? Could you hold out a few weeks for valentine's ones maybe? I like that one but agree it's not quite feminine/formal enough.

I can honestly say that I have never once given a second thought to what stamp went on anything I mailed so long as the postage is sufficient. Reason number 261, 044 that I'm glad I'm male.

I don't know how to get the big image...but this one is in the 2006 stamps (right above that bird one actually)...it's called "our Wedding" and is green. :D

I just realized that I need 63 cent stamps for the invites and 39 cent stamps for the reply envelopes.

They have a "release schedule" here: http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/browse_content/stampRelease.jsp

Look at the wedding stamps they have:

300x300_wedding1.jpg

Our invitations are lavender, so this is perfect.

And this:

300x300_wedding2.jpg

It's GREEN! :dance:

Both of them come out March 1st.

My Mom isn't back until April 15th so that's when we'll mail out the invites.

What do you think?

If you wanted to go less formal but more lovey there are Disney love stamps :D

ar05_p64_art.jpg

greenfreak said:
I just realized that I need 63 cent stamps for the invites and 39 cent stamps for the reply envelopes.

They have a "release schedule" here: http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/browse_content/stampRelease.jsp

Look at the wedding stamps they have:

300x300_wedding1.jpg

Our invitations are lavender, so this is perfect.

And this:

300x300_wedding2.jpg

It's GREEN! :dance:

Both of them come out March 1st.

My Mom isn't back until April 15th so that's when we'll mail out the invites.

What do you think?

The green one is the one that is suppose to be in my post above your...I LOVE them!

Green for the invitation envelope and lavendar for the reply envelopes to match the invitations...how more PERFECT could it be?! It's meant to be!

Yeah, I'm pretty glad they have that. We're picking up the invitations tomorrow, I'll have her weigh one to see if it's over one ounce. Hope not but you never know.

Professur said:
I like how First Class has been struck out. Kinda appropriate, doncha think?
They do that so no one will print out the stamp and try to use it to mail something.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I can honestly say that I have never once given a second thought to what stamp went on anything I mailed so long as the postage is sufficient. Reason number 261, 044 that I'm glad I'm male.

:grinyes:

Curious...don't your friends & family have email or telephones?

Oops sorry I didn't think you were talking to me either.

Yes, they all have phones and 75% probably have email. Are you suggesting I call or email almost a hundred people? :tardbang:

greenfreak said:

Yes, they all have phones and 75% probably have email. Are you suggesting I call or email almost a hundred people? :tardbang:

Would have been cheaper .... and you'd have your rsvp list already.

greenfreak said:

A hundred people getting custom engraved invites, plus the filler stuff plus the matching envelopes plus the stamps....HELL yea I'm saying that :D

Tell me you're joking! Maybe if I was getting married in my backyard with a guest list of 20 people, I might consider phone calls. But a hundred? Silly rabbit.

We're picking up our invitations tonight, I'll post a pic of what I'm talking about. They aren't engraved, they're printed. They are elegant but simple. We did not put any filler in. None of those see-through sheets that serve no purpose. An outside envelope with the return address on it, a plain white inside envelope (I didn't want this but in case of rain during delivery, it protects the stuff inside), the invite which is one sheet, no ribbons, no floofy stuff, the pre-addressed response envelope, the response card, and the directions.

Emailing is tacky and the amount of work involved with calling 100 people, giving them all the details and getting an answer on if they're coming is just crazy.

Back