what it's like in louisiana

tonksy

you know you've lived in louisiana too long if:

your glasses fog up when you step outside.
the only four seasons you know are shrimp, crab, crawfish, and oyster.
you were a high school graduate before you realized the two major religions are not catholic and public. :rofl4:
you consider it an honor on occasion to have a coconut thrown at you. DAMN SKIPPY.
you think purple, green, and gold look good together and will even eat food these colors....YUM...king cake :)
you take coffee and seasonings with you on vacation....uh huh :nudge:
you call tomato sauce "red gravy".
you understand when someone wants to "ax" you something or is "fixin' to" do something.
you can say words like "tchoupitoulas", "atchafalaya", "thibodaux", and "opelousas" without skipping a beat......i stumble on tchoupitoulas from time to time.
you are not alarmed by finding toy dolls in your pastries. :p
you would not be caught dead with a pat o's hurricane.
you don't keep newspapers for recycling, you keep them for placemats for crawfish boils...:D
you refer to the civil war as "the late unpleasantness" or "the war of northern aggression". :sick:
you complain about the 8 month summer but feel pretty smug when all them northerners are shoveling snow :headbang:

I had to do it. But I don't hold any ill will towards Louis Annia. Never even been there. It's Kuntiky that I hate. The state I will only return to if infected by a raging infection. The state who's chicken I will not suffer to pass my lips.

unclehobart said:
Why would one not be caught dead with a Pat's O' hurricane? too touristy?

Probably. Ive also heard a true New Orleans resident born and raised actually avoids the french quarter most of the time and goes out of town during mardi gras. go figure. means MORE OYSTERS AND BAD OVER PRICED DAIQUIRIS FOR US LOUD OBNOXCIOUS TOURISTS!! WOO HOO!!

Hey, there's an idea. Tonks, how about I string a bunch of bottle caps on a bit of mono, and you show me your funbags for it? Beats paying mailing.

Back