What the HELL happened to hockey?

Yeah...Mr. Gary (I'll get a $1,000,000 bonus if I can get the players to agree to a salary cap) is trying his best to fuck over every periferal business remotely assocaited with hockey while trying to show that it's all the fault of the millionaire hockey-players and their greed.

It's actually the fans' fault. For agreeing to pay to watch these fucking primadonas in the first place. Know what? Good fucking ridance to the lot. Maybe get some people back into the small arenas watching kids play the game. For the fun of it.

The players are wrong, the management's wrong, they're just all wrong.

Professur said:
It's actually the fans' fault. For agreeing to pay to watch these fucking primadonas in the first place. Know what? Good fucking ridance to the lot. Maybe get some people back into the small arenas watching kids play the game. For the fun of it.
ya ever see what happens at those kids' games... some parents are fuckin' animals .. lemme tell you.

MrBishop said:
ya ever see what happens at those kids' games... some parents are fuckin' animals .. lemme tell you.

Yes, they are. And ... according to a TV show on now about that very issue, one of the very things that make those parents so rabid is the idea that their kid is the next Million dollar Messier.

i actually miss hockey. its been spiraling downhill for about a decade now, but i hope that something better emerges from the eventual ruins of the NHL. maybe something more along the lines of a world hockey league.

No one noticed here. In fact, the radio station that covers our NHL team (if you could call it that) is having better ratings without them. The minor league hockey's more fun anyways to watch, and a hell of a lot cheaper, sat 3 rows behind the bench for just over $25 apiece, and the first time I sat there I caught a game puck in the 2nd period. :cool:

Did they win? After all, they're not a Chicago top-league-level pro team... so they're allowed to win.

Actually, they won the Turner Cup like 3 out of 4 years when it was still the IHL, then when they merged with the AHL they won one there too. One year they won it was real cool cause they won it the day after the Bulls won their title, and they beat Detroit for it. The next day the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, so we not only got 2 straight days of champs, we also screwed Detroit out of it. :D

So I heard that theres a group that wants to organize a hockey playoff series this spring of all comers. Basically any amatuer or pro team can come and play. Junior A leagues. Backyard squads. Semi pros. The San Angelo Saints. The Syracuse Crunch. The Hershey Bears. University of Maine. University of Minnesota. BC. You name it. It seems that when they first started awarding the stanley cup there was no mention of the NHL in the language. it instead said "the top team" or some such language. It wasnt until the 40s that they actually wrote in some wording regarding "top NHL team" or something so as to associate the stanley cup with the NHL only. But apparently some hockey fan lawyers who, since they have nothing better to do this winter, have been looking carefully at that language and have determined that it probably wouldnt hold up as is if challanged. Its poorly written. And they say if challanged and a court agreed that the language was bad that they would have to resort to the original terminology which means that Lord Stanleys cup is up for grabs for any team that wants to claim it by right of victory. So dust off your skates people! Personally Id like to see what BC could do against the Austin Ice Bats. Game on!

The second & third tier players will be happy to fill seats for a couple hundred grand a year, next year.

Thulsa Doom said:
So I heard that theres a group that wants to organize a hockey playoff series this spring of all comers. Basically any amatuer or pro team can come and play. Junior A leagues. Backyard squads. Semi pros. The San Angelo Saints. The Syracuse Crunch. The Hershey Bears. University of Maine. University of Minnesota. BC. You name it. It seems that when they first started awarding the stanley cup there was no mention of the NHL in the language. it instead said "the top team" or some such language. It wasnt until the 40s that they actually wrote in some wording regarding "top NHL team" or something so as to associate the stanley cup with the NHL only. But apparently some hockey fan lawyers who, since they have nothing better to do this winter, have been looking carefully at that language and have determined that it probably wouldnt hold up as is if challanged. Its poorly written. And they say if challanged and a court agreed that the language was bad that they would have to resort to the original terminology which means that Lord Stanleys cup is up for grabs for any team that wants to claim it by right of victory. So dust off your skates people! Personally Id like to see what BC could do against the Austin Ice Bats. Game on!
Verrrrrrrry interesting. This could get fun.

So dust off your skates people! Personally Id like to see whatBC could do against the Austin Ice Bats. Game on!

We'd kick their asses!!! oh wait ,you'd need ice for hockey ,my bad. :evilcool:

Back