What to do with all those AOL cd's

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
This is pretty good. They are going to collect 1 million cd's then dump them at AOL's Headquarters.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/10/17/aol.discs/index.html

http://www.nomoreaolcds.com/

That's their web site. I've tried using them for coasters, but that hole in the middle still allows water through, so it kinda defeats the purpose.

i think another great thing to do would be to cut them into little star shapes then donate them to homeless ninja shelters.

People in my old school used to use them for art pieces. At exam time, the A-Level art displays are just covered in stupid CDs.

Well done AOL. :retard: :thumbup:

gonna try to cut the holes a little larger then put them at the base of my seedlings. use them as weed control.

I went to the grocery store the other day and when I got home, I found an AOL cd in the bottom of one of the bags :mad2:

the CD's are trashed, without forethought or remorse. I loved when they began sending them in DVD cases. That didn't last long. Now they're sent in tin boxes with no support. :(

I turn them over and put my crystal on top of them, gives them a nice reflection. I wish there was a more practical purpose for them but I like Spot's idea too. :)

i used to draw on them but i got bored with that.

bloody hate aol, my stupidphreakingparents use it and it blows heavy, hairy donkey balls.

After almost a year of trying, I finally got my in-laws to ditch AOL. Tech issues over there are now almost pleasurable in comparison.

HomeLAN said:
After almost a year of trying, I finally got my in-laws to ditch AOL. Tech issues over there are now almost pleasurable in comparison.

Please, Tell me how you did it. Please. My mom still uses it, and I still have to go up there at least once a year and reinstall everything, not counting the trips in between to fix other stuff. My life would be so much simpler if she would just dump it.

I either use the CD's as frisbees, or melt them to the bottom of a frying pan, then use the container they came in for something else.

Back