What was I thinking

Paint is also used to make things look good....and in some cases interior paint is actually used as an integral part of wall design...from a building science point of view. These walls aren't exterior walls so that isn't the case here...but paint still makes it look good.

The thing with trying to use OSB for closet walls is that it would be impossible to make it look good for an interior wall. It would still show the pattern of the wood chips through multiple coats of paint, and you can't mud and tape the gaps, unless you mud over the entire board. Then, you're starting to get awfully spendy, and you might as well use sheetrock and get the proper look and have it act correctly for interior wall uses, such as picture/poster hanging.

If Gonz were to use OSB for the closet walls and not paint it, should he decide to sell the house someday there's no way in hell it would sell with a closet like that. He would have to put up drywall and paint it. With that being the case, he might as well do it now, instead of losing a second weekend.

And why would anyone want to use a sawzall to cut 4x8 sheets of anything? Do you think he wants to make the project take even longer than it would if he were to use a good circular saw, like everyone else would use?

Did any of you do the "Renovating" on my old house????????? I had some major screw-ups to fix in that place. One of them being a rather unattractive shelving and desk unit in the study made out of painted chipboard, dollar store doors and held together with 4 inch ardox finish nails. (them was a bitch to get out of the wall studs.) Oh yeah, I did enlarge the closet in that house by annexing the space under the stairway. A bit small but great for storing the oddball things you dont use much.

That resembles 'bout how I'd do it.
Almost looks like some of my work here.

It oughta get the job done.:beardbng:

I need to remember to finish the sheet rock hall on one side, sometime.:retard3:

THREE WORDS: Sawzall, O.S.B., drywall screws. done.
next project, hunney?

O.S.B. is Oriented Strand Board...hence, it's an abbreviation. It's also an abomination. Better to get some finish-grade 1/2 " plywood or sheetrock. I lean towards plywood, as you can hang anything anywhere without looking for a stud. I have a stud-finder, but not all walls are 16" on center. Trust me. I've experienced that.

*All references to the word 'stud' should be about 2X4's and not machismo...

I can hold a stud finder up against me, push the button and it will go off to say it found a stud.

It'll do dthe same held to your mother so don't be too proud.

O.S.B. has no place im civil society. Drywall, cause it paints better.

I think we're going to need some video proof of that.

Speak for yourself...

Amazing how a house fire can shorten a honey-do list. Still, I have some things that need doing. It's almost time to transplant about 25 trees from the woods behind my parents' house. I tagged them last fall when the leaves changed colors so I'd know what they did. Maples, dogwoods, redbuds, and gums mainly. The driveway could use a load or two of gravel. This was the wrong year to try and sow grass seed with a record drought going on, but I still have about 20 pounds to scatter which I'll do (hopefully) just before a snowfall. Need another 25 or so cypress trees for a windblock/neighbor screen. One of these days gonna concrete the floor in the barn/outbuilding, then paint the thing with battle flags to piss off the damn yankee what bought the empty plot next to us. (Actually, he's OK for a drunk. At least he keeps to himself.) Gotta call the neighbor over the back hill and arrange to get my garden spot turned. He uses mules when he does it, kinda neat to watch. Oh, and I gotta winterize the mowers and other small engines. That sounds like a good project for Saturday morning...

Back