What would you do....

fi

....if your new boss made friends with YOUR friends, and was at this moment in time on a night out with them, while you were stuck at home feeling really pissed off? :(

greenfreak

I'd probably confront the friends, find out why I wasn't along with them.... But then again, I was never one for subtlety. :)

fi

If the friends had already been made aware of your discomfort, but obviously enjoy the boss's company, and feel sorry for him cos he's new in town...?

aaagh!

I think maybe I'm too subtle!

fi

He;s a nice guy but not the kind of guy I could become friends with. He's too irritating. And I just couldn't become friends with the guy who writes my performance reviews and on whose opinion my promotions depend...!

Keep work at work, and your social life social, that's my philosophy!

PostCode

Major contributor!
Wait til he really, really, really needs you something. Something where his own job will depend on it. Then quit on the spot.

Vortex

CompTech said:
Wait til he really, really, really needs you something. Something where his own job will depend on it. Then quit on the spot.
Mwhahahahaha!!! This is just EVIL!! I love it!! :D

greenfreak

So I take it your friends don't find him as irritating as you do? Is he different outside of work? If not, they might just figure out how irritating he actually is and then you'll be in a position to say "I told ya so!". :D

I know what you mean though about keeping work seperate. The only time I was ever friends with a boss was my first office job and we were able to seperate work from play but so many people can't do that. She's still my best friend, 11 years later. :)

freako104

ignore it. all the bosses ive had i was always on good terms with and same with my friends for teh most part. but i would ask what was going on myself

unclehobart

I have such a huge friend base to draw from that I would just call up on other friends and let my boss and friends have a good run at it. If they really are your firends and it was all meant to be.. they will come back. Sometimes people just need time apart from their regluar crowd to recharge the ol' batteries and whatnot. I just hope they didnt all break a set date with you to go out with the boss.

75renegade

Tend to agree with Uncle on this. Unless yer in some kinda extreme control-freak mode, let it go.

Continue being a person of good character towards yer boss an' yer friends. :)

If this seems an undesireable choice, perhaps ya jus' need to find a new group a hanger's out, like he said.

At any rate, being a friend and good servant to those in yer world always gives ya good opportunity to keep yer options open!

........burnt bridges can limit us to a very small island. ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
fi said:
He;s a nice guy but not the kind of guy I could become friends with. He's too irritating. And I just couldn't become friends with the guy who writes my performance reviews and on whose opinion my promotions depend...!

Keep work at work, and your social life social, that's my philosophy!

It looks like the 'new kid in town' syndrome. In time, it will pass, and you'll be doing what you were before. The newness doesn't last long, believe me. ;)