What would you rather have?

What would you rather have for eternity? (read below)

• Everything material thing I could want (money, gold, property, etc.)

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Eternal happiness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As many women/guys as I want, the way I want them, without a guilty conscience

• Wisdom, intelligence, knowledge -- to always know what to do and how to handle a situation

• Strength, stamina, constitution -- physical attributes, handsomeness, big "attributes"

• Food, drink, whenever I need, how much I want, without getting full or fat

• Friendship

• Power -- I want to rule the world my way, because I know what is best

• World peace (hehe)

• Total voters
LastLegionary said:
If you are only after happiness, well, lots of things can make you happy, from sex, food, driving a car, climbing a mountain, etc. But, friendship is more than that, its FRIENDSHIP :D At least that is what I feel... I don't want to be happy all the time, I want to cry sometimes, be sad, be excited, be fearful, etc. :D

Yes, but why do you not want to be happy all the time? Why do you want to cry, be sad, be excited, be fearful sometimes? Because you feel that otherwise it may give you some kind of mundane, featureless existance. And why would that be bad? Because it wouldn't seem right to you and therefore you wouldn't be happy.

I don't think of happiness as going round all day and every day with a smile on my face, just feeling the one emotion all the time. To me, happiness is more of an unconscious state of mind that means you are at peace within yourself.

What I'm saying is, if you have 'happiness', it is irrelevant what form it comes in, or where you acquire it. The 'eternal happiness' choice in the poll is the only one that can apply to every other aspect, if you see what I mean. It doesn't matter what kind of material things you choose to live forever with...if happiness is still had.

I voted world peace. It's the obvious answer but justified... why chose something for yourself at all?

I mean c'mon... A bit of a no-brainer if you ask me. It's fuckin' WORLD PEACE for fucks sake! I'd even give my life for that.

You can experience emotions while still being fundamentally 'happy'.

Also...I don't know about the idea of world peace for eternity. Of course it sounds ideal, but I wouldn't like having a hand in effecting the future without knowing the consequences.

LL your quote made me think of Dark City. if you saw it you know what i am referring to. i do not wnt to spoil it for those who havent seen it.

freako104 said:
LL your quote made me think of Dark City. if you saw it you know what i am referring to. i do not wnt to spoil it for those who havent seen it.
:grinyes: Excellent movie.

Scanty said:
Yes, but why do you not want to be happy all the time? Why do you want to cry, be sad, be excited, be fearful sometimes? Because you feel that otherwise it may give you some kind of mundane, featureless existance. And why would that be bad? Because it wouldn't seem right to you and therefore you wouldn't be happy.

I don't think of happiness as going round all day and every day with a smile on my face, just feeling the one emotion all the time. To me, happiness is more of an unconscious state of mind that means you are at peace within yourself.

What I'm saying is, if you have 'happiness', it is irrelevant what form it comes in, or where you acquire it. The 'eternal happiness' choice in the poll is the only one that can apply to every other aspect, if you see what I mean. It doesn't matter what kind of material things you choose to live forever with...if happiness is still had.

That is exactly what I thought too, and the reason why I voted happiness, but you managed to make a 3-paragraph post out of it :worship:

Seriously though, I so agree with you, your post is like my thoughts directly converted to words...

FREEDOM[/siz]

Alright, I won't start that ;)

Wisdom, intelligence, knowledge -- to always know what to do and how to handle a situation

with this one can achieve the rest.

well, if you always know how to handle a situation you can accomplish world peace

ohhhhh but you will have the "wisdom" to handle any situation. you can start talking to the generals, or presidents.........then to the people via TV or some shit like that.

Luis is correct LL. With the knowledge of world problems & the intelligence to fix them & the wisdom to know how to accomplish it. all can be done

Luis G said:
unclehobart said:
Wisdom, Intel, Knowledge. With eternal smarts I can rustle up all of the women, friends, and cash I ever dreamed of. It seems to deny happiness though... oh well. I wouldn't miss something I've never known.

my thoughts preciselly.

if i'm able to handle any situation, i will get friends, money and girls. :headbang:
No way! I'm tired of seeing brainless bastards getting all the goods. LUCK! Is all I want :headbang: No serious I voted happiness

Back