What's the best book you've read?

I'll be damned seems I have missed one, thanks Justin!

Blackwood Farm features characters from both the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches series, but this self-contained novel makes a good entry point for newcomers to Anne Rice's fictional world (however, Vampire Chronicle virgins really should start with Interview With the Vampire, the first in the series and arguably the finest vampire novel of the 20th century). --Cynthia Ward

Sounds interesting.

Right now the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan is my favorite. It's getting quite long, but it rocks.

I'm very partial to Stephen Kings'The Dark Tower' series.

Weaveworld-Clive Barker was outstanding.

PT, you do know that Roland will die. My bet is Jake or Susana's baby (after growing up) will be the savior.

there was a short story, published online, that is a part of it. Also, a couple of other shorts here & there. The next one is supposed to be next fall (2003)

Those are supposed to be Kings last books, he wanted to just quit, but decided he needed to wrap that one up first. Good thing too, I'd have been pissed.

So, Roland Will Die? Hmmm. Wizard And Glass is the last I've got, is that the last that's out so far?

Do you guys have any idea how many of his books hint at the Dark Tower series? I remember the Talisman does and Roland makes an appearance in Insomnia. I always thought that was cool how he did that.

Anthem by Ayn Rand was a great book. I tried reading the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged but couldn't get through them. Funny, some of the best books I read while I was in high school and college as required reading. I guess they picked some good ones. :) I can't remember most of the books I read, there are so many of them.

Flowers for Algernon was a good one too. Short stories; A Rose For Emily (Faulkner), The Lottery (Shirley Jackson). Maybe I'll come up with more later when I can take a look at my bookshelves.

They do in Black House as well, That's one of the reasons I like King so much, Who doesn't know Sherriff Alan? Or the town of Bangor? He links alot of his books together.

Roland has to die. King is not known as the sentimental type of writer where the "good guy" gets away scott free. Remember the kid in Cujo? I think he's always written the Dark Tower, just sharpening the peoples & places with the other books. Does the alternative world from the Talisman remind anyone of Gilead?

new updates:
Wolves of the Calla
(Volume V of The Dark Tower series)
PUBLICATION IN SEPTEMBER 2003 IS STILL TENTATIVE.
Updated: 15 October 2002
Novel
Berni Wrightson will be doing the illustrations for this book. The first edition will be the limited hardcover published by Donald M. Grant Publishers.
Stephen has released the Prologue for Dark Tower 5 on this Web site. Read the Prologue.

November:
Song of Susannah
(Volume VI of The Dark Tower series)
PUBLICATION IN NOVEMBER 2003 IS STILL TENTATIVE.
Updated: 15 October 2002
Hardcover Novel, Donald M. Grant Publishers

The Dark Tower
(Volume VII of The Dark Tower Series)
PUBLICATION IN MARCH 2004 IS STILL TENTATIVE.
Hardcover Novel, Donald M. Grant Publishers
Updated: 17 October 2002

http://www.stephenking.com/

This was to difficult to answer. I'm really picky about the books i read.
But i'm about to read

Benjamin Banneker by Charles Cerami

Charles Cerami talked about the life of Benjamin Banneker, a self-educated son of former slaves who made important contributions to the study of astronomy and mathematics. Mr. Cerami also recounted Banneker's surveying work for what was to become Washington, DC, his authorship of the best-selling Benjamin Banneker's Almanac (published by John Wiley and Sons), and his famous 1790 letter to Thomas Jefferson on the issue of slavery. He answered questions following his remarks

Back