What's the best live gig you've ever been to?

was 89.

Attachment(s):

das_who.jpg, 117.53kb

11_1038930197.jpg

I saw the who once. it was awsome. but i guess that was only beacuse they where on the simpsons. :(

How old were you at this show, Scanty-poo? An unknown band named Motley Crue opening for Ozzy on his Bark at the Moon tour.

Attachment(s):

ozzy_crue.jpg, 67.96kb

11_1038931133.jpg

so many
ozzfest 97-99
ozzfest 2001
marilyn manson in 97
tool
family values 98(where i met my ex thats why i put this one)
switchblade symphony
godhead

Okay, I guess no one got the Andy Williams joke, so here's the real list, in order...

1. The Who in Orlando, '82
2. Bowie in St Petersburg, c. '91
3. The Police in Orlando, '83
4. Genesis in Jacksonville, '84
5. Robert Plant in St Petersburg, c. '85
6. Tina Turner in Jacksonville, c. '86
7. The Moody Blues in Tallahassee, gah... somewhere in the 90s

Those were the standouts. The rest have just sort of blurred together after so many years.

Hollywood(cigaette brand) Rock 96 - January, 19-20 1996 - São Paulo, Brazil
Featuring:
Robert Plant & Jimmy Page
The Cure
Smashing Pumpkins
Black Crowes
White Zombie
Supergrass
Urge Overkill

you may be thinking of Elton John. We saw him all of like a month after the WHO. 89 was a moving year for our concert hopping.

Deep Purple-Perfect Strangers tour. Every musician in the house stood silently in awe at the perfection & grace of that tour.

Scanty said:
I was 5 then, lol.

NOw I feel old. I ws 21 when you were born :(

unclehobart said:
you may be thinking of Elton John. We saw him all of like a month after the WHO. 89 was a moving year for our concert hopping.
now him I'd like to see!

top 3

it's a toss up between the wannadies and garbage at reading festivals i've forgotten the years of.

the wannadies played the tent, and the atmostphere was just fantastic. it had *that* vibe... like a spiritual experiance...

garbage were fantastic, before shirley cut her hair... new order had just been on and we'd been sitting through that right next to the barriers... heh, 50,000 people standing behind us and we were sitting... but yeah, garbage were great... it had *that* vibe... they played all of thier songs, but came back for an encore anyway. it was beautiful. shirley was so emotional up there... aww...

and the best one i've seen recently would have been marilyn manson at last year's reading. not usually my thing, but a great show. they should have finished with him and not bothered with eminem.

Back