What's the best ..

nalani

movie you've seen recently?

I'm really contemplating staying home one day this week and I thought I should rent a video or something ...

*tells ku'u to shaddup in advance cause I'm psychic and I know what she's gonna say* :D

unclehobart

well that bites.. I had just scribbled up a nice list of movies with a dissertation.. hit enter.. and WHAM... delogged, kicked out, no post.

nalani

I thought you didn't watch chick flicks? *recalling your collection of testosteronie movies with guns and cars and chicks with very little clothes*

unclehobart

umm... well.. theres a palpable difference between good movies, chick flicks, and bang bang dippy flicks. I don't care for the formulaic dippity do movies with Jean Claude Van Rambo Terminator Norris clones. I hate bad acting. I hate non scripts. I hate implausible storylines with flip flop premises and bad editing. Chick flicks are a mixed bag. Remains of a Day... chick flick.. good movie. Like Water for Chocolate... chick flick.. good movie. Thelma and Louise... chick flick... utter trash.

nalani

unclehobart said:
Remains of a Day... chick flick.. good movie. Like Water for Chocolate... chick flick.. good movie. Thelma and Louise... chick flick... utter trash.

holyphreakingcow .. we agree on something!

Don't forget Chocolat ... great movie ... Waiting To Exhale ... pure crap.

ris

i hardly get out to the cinema, i think the last thing i saw there was star wars 2, before that lord of the rings 1.

if you're doing the vid shop then i like the 3 colours series, especially blue :)

MuFu

Recently; Minority Report, Spiderman and Episode II. Not the best films I've ever seen but very good, nevertheless.

Not so good; Planet Of The Apes, A.I. and The Score (only because it was just "good" and not "amazing" like it should have been considering the ingredients).

greenfreak

I wanted to slit my wrists walking out of A.I., it was so depressing.

I'm still waiting to see a good movie lately.

freako104

theatre i saw spiderman,MIB II, star wars 2,and Lord of the Rings and enjoyed all. at home i watched fight club(one of my faves),i like pretty much anything by david lynch or mel brooks,monty pythons holy grail and life of brian, the beyond,evil dead trilogy(not at one time i watch these at different times mind you),showgirls(no plot but sexy women),coyote ugly(same as showgirls),15 minutes, citizen kane, dark city. those are some of my faves and suggestions to ya.

nalani

I think I'll go to BlockBuster right after work .. wait .. I have to go school shopping after work .. right after school shopping then .. wait, I have to cook dinner ... right after dinner then .. wait, I usually get the baby girl right after dinner .. umm...

I am officially a no lifer ... :D

a13antichrist

le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain
l'Auberge espagnol

If you haven't seen Once Were Warriors I'd say go for that.. nice movie about hometown Maori (i.e., ex-Hawaiin.. ;)) felluhs...