Whats the world coming to?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Everybody fails to see the real problem, kids that age shouldn't be fat!!!

When I was that age the only fat guys were the lazy ones that spend all their time eating. Boys and girls that ate properly and played with their bicycles or some other physical activity had no problems with their weight.

But it seems that now most kids are still eating all the crap that kids eat, but they do not exercize, instead of going out to play, scream and run, they sit, watch TV or play a videogame. No wonder they are fat.

Starya

Thankful I have a son.. I dear be optimistic about how he'll turn out.

He'll sometimes watch some make-over shows and just go on and on about how silly it is, they looked fine before!

Today, there was a commercial where they talked about things not being they way people wanted them, saying "What is healthy isn't good, and what is good, you only get on saturdays.." He got terribly annoyed by the bullshit. Of course healthy stuff was good! Like cooked veggies! :D

He's only 10 centimetres shorter than me (160) and still sometimes reaches for my hand when we're out for a walk. I fear people might start giving us odd looks soon..

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis G said:

When I was that age the only fat guys were the lazy ones that spend all their time eating. Boys and girls that ate properly and played with their bicycles or some other physical activity had no problems with their weight.

But it seems that now most kids are still eating all the crap that kids eat, but they do not exercize, instead of going out to play, scream and run, they sit, watch TV or play a videogame. No wonder they are fat.

Yep

Winky

britney_spears_047.jpg

tank girl

Gonz said:
Once again, you show the need to further your education by using a dictionary. I'd really like to have an interesting, albeit pointless, conversation with you but since November you've yet to present an original thought or even an entertaining perspective. This was a nice try though. Maybe we can still work with it. Tell us what YOU think, not what some professor told you to think.

There is more than one form of dictionary, and words are invented all the time. Consumerist is a word, trust me - it is obviously not included in the simplified for easy digestion yank edition. But you don't so then you wouldn't so lets just forget that.

Every thought I have is made due to my own reasoning, every thing I think is something I MYSELF THINK and believe, or else I would not write. This is how I write and this is how I think, believe it or not I am capable of thinking for myself which is why I haven't tried to conform to the house style of this retarded bulletin board despite your best efforts to 'reform' me...

There is no such thing as an original thought plucked out of thin air, we don't live in a vacuum... and since every second syllable you regurgitate is something right out of FOX or WORLDNET.DAILY or some other bigoted republican doctrine I think you would be the last person with any right to comment.

Whether or not I have presented any interesting dialogue since last november here I should think is entirely a matter of opinion - and since you are my arch nemesis Gonz it is not surprising you have not bothered to acknowledge any credit to anything I have posted. I am confident that I do have interesting and provocative things to say with a remarkable originality that I have yet to observe in anybody else here at this stage. The thing is that your mundanity and tireless rambling on the same-old same-old gets rather boring, it appears that you have no ability to change or accept change. Rather sad, I feel.

tank girl

MrBishop said:
No matter where she got it from, dieting and body-image concerns in the very young is a decent topic...especially in little girls. As if parents didn't ahve enough to worry about before...getting your kids to eat their veggies was tough because of the 'yuck' factor...now it's because they want to maintain their figure...I mean, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Exactly, I think fostering such concerns (through constant advertising of a certain acceptable image in the media) in children is just sick. The fact that kids are now looking at themselves in the mirror and saying they want to be thinner to be "cool" as an ultimate alternative to having the latest barbie doll to be "cool" makes me sick. Instead of having barbie now your 5 year old wants to LOOK LIKE barbie. Think about it. This also is analogous to the very real sexualisation of pre-teens and now babies. BABIES.

Would you buy your five year old a specially designed for pre-pubescents "mary kate&ashley" bra? Allow her to get her navel pierced?

I know what it is like to be a teenager with an eating disorder and therefore feel that if kids as young as five are being indoctrinated into a life of perpetually obsessing over their body image before they are even aware of what they are doing is highly disturbing.

tank girl

Luis G said:

Duh. That is also the opposite end of the spectrum. Childhood Obesity is also a hugely disturbing Epidemic spreading throughout the world though apparently more pronounced in the land of the "free".

Consumerist standards are also making kids fat, this is true.

Guess which enterprisingly fabulous fast-food nation we have to thank for that?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:
There is more than one form of dictionary, and words are invented all the time. Consumerist is a word, trust me - it is obviously not included in the simplified for easy digestion yank edition. But you don't so then you wouldn't so lets just forget that.

It has nothing to do with the word consumerist. Demonstrably, you don't understand.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:
This also is analogous to the very real sexualisation of pre-teens and now babies. BABIES.

Shh, don't tell anyone but this is the exact same argument that conservatives have had for over a 2 decades.

Whenever we try to put an end to it, those on the left call it censorship. Now, the left is taking up both sides of the coin & nothing will ever get done.

abooja

tank girl said:
This is how I write and this is how I think, believe it or not I am capable of thinking for myself which is why I haven't tried to conform to the house style of this retarded bulletin board despite your best efforts to 'reform' me...
You get back together with the ex or something? :p

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tank girl said:
Duh. That is also the opposite end of the spectrum. Childhood Obesity is also a hugely disturbing Epidemic spreading throughout the world though apparently more pronounced in the land of the "free".

Consumerist standards are also making kids fat, this is true.

Guess which enterprisingly fabulous fast-food nation we have to thank for that?

Shitty Parents Co. ?

Thulsa Doom

SouthernN'Proud said:
Hell, they ain't even hot...coupla scrawny little tarts, one of 'em doped up and anorexic...the all-American icons huh? I'll pass. They've annoyed me for decades now...time for them to fade away into that goodnight of Hallmark holiday specials and the occasional Lifetime movie for women. Maybe a guest slot on the Ed Asner Arbor Day Variety Extravaganza, brought to you on Bravo network, this Thursday at 2AM...

good luck with that. they have quietly placed themselves in command of a multi billion dollar empire to sell all kinds of way cool stuff to girls aged 3 - 15. They are loaded beyond imagination. They dont need to do another bad movie ever again but they will because it helps promote their products. and yeah they are too skinny but I wouldnt kick em out of bed. Certainly not both of them...

Winky

Hey ain't it a 'free' country?
If Wimen's wanna be thin ain't it within their right???

Inkara1

tank girl said:
Consumerist is a word; derived from Consumerism: The Capitalist theory that an increasing consumption of goods is economically beneficial...
If you were taller, would this kind of stuff whiz over your head like that? It doesn't take much to know he meant you were trying new words, as in, words new to you... there's a big difference between trying and inventing.