What's up with Iowa

I heard Ft. Dodge got a foot or two, but surely the State could get their act together. Must have got more recently.

What do you take? I-80?

That reminds me....I got a message from my cousin last night (Cedar Falls) and she said they were expecting blizzard-conditions.

You know, they said the same thing down here. Closed some schools and everything. We got maybe a 1/2". Winds were the bitch though, 20-45mph and gusting. I can't believe this city. The roads were wet, not icy, and they were screaming at people to stay home. I couldn't even spin the tires at a red light (heh, well, not without unusual behavior ;)) and I have RWD with an empty trunk. :rolleyes: Made for a fast trip home though....almost faster than I've ever made it before.

Last night FT Dodge had a blizzard warning. Today, the roads are "passable" according to our supplier (who drives a car, in town). My bosses called & said "we need it yesterday" so, screw 'em. I'll go & probably spend the night in Davenport & they still won't get their shit til Monay & they'll pay for it.

I 80/I35/US20 was the way. They finished US20 all the way from Cedar Falls & that is the new way (25 miles shorter)

Gonz said:
Last night FT Dodge had a blizzard warning. Today, the roads are "passable" according to our supplier (who drives a car, in town). My bosses called & said "we need it yesterday" so, screw 'em. I'll go & probably spend the night in Davenport & they still won't get their shit til Monay & they'll pay for it.

I 80/I35/US20 was the way. They finished US20 all the way from Cedar Falls & that is the new way (25 miles shorter)
Last I was there (August) "New 20" was still closed about 10 mins outside Cedar Falls.

Oh, and its not cows in that country...its hogs. :D

US20 was comleted & opened around Oct. My last two trips were that way. It's a nice road.

I'm now fighting with my bosses. IL is going ot be an ice patch today so I'm staying home.

PT, I'm just far enough south (US20) to have the "boondoggle" not hear me but I'll still honk if you insist. :D

Nah, US20 only runs about 1 mile south, and as flat as the land is there, you might be surprised how far that horn will go.

maybe it gets better to the south, from the southern outskirts of the Twon Cities on north you can't get anywhere fast on it, it's like permanent rush hour.

Mirlyn said:
I couldn't even spin the tires at a red light (heh, well, not without unusual behavior ;)) and I have RWD with an empty trunk. :rolleyes:

See? Should have gotten the V8. :p

Back