What's wrong with this picture?

The first image is zoomed back farther to show the calendar in relation to the door... and the other shot is to show the retro kitsch of the other side of the living room in my apartment.

Well, what I originally had in mind was that I took the picture a couple minutes before I posted it, and the calendar said January... but I found the other suddestions so thoroughly entertaining I wanted to sit back and see where they went.

unclehobart said:
It might be one of those cheap calendars that want to curl up and try to be closed again all of the time... or its so close to the door that it gets 'gusted' and swings back and forth every time someone comes or goes.
Seems I called this one right.

It's a brilliant strategy in that you don't even have to stand up from the computer to take pizza delivery, nor to chuck the empty carton out into the hall.

unclehobart said:
Halloween is past. Lets dispense with the cobwebs. They don't add much to the R value anyway. ;)
Would you believe I vaccumed all those a week or two ago? I popped the plates on the heaters (there's one in the bedroom too) that cover the gas valves off to see if I could find a manufacture date, and I found two things: 1. The labels are so old they're gone and unreadable... but I think the heaters were made by Day and Night Manfacturing; and 2. I'm surprised there's enough room for spiders to live in there with the amount of cobwebs. I'm trying to decide whether vacuuming those out would blow out the pilot light or not.

Good god... that many spiders? You need to invest in a mondo bottle of Spectracide and go chemo on those 8 legged jamooks.

You wouldn't believe how many spiders live here. Maybe I've just gotten used to them and decided that removing the webs was a losing battle... but I actually hadn't noticed all those webs until I took the picture. I guess my flash must be pretty bright.

unclehobart said:
Are we not afraid that having your records so close to the heater will wound them?
No damage yet... the speaker takes the brunt of the heat, and there's still those cinderblocks between the heater and the vinyl. I never play any of them while the heater's running.

Inkara1 said:
No damage yet... the speaker takes the brunt of the heat, and there's still those cinderblocks between the heater and the vinyl. I never play any of them while the heater's running.

Umm, dude...are you blonde? :lloyd: If they warp from the heat of the heater, it won't matter WHEN you play them,, they're still warped...

Nevermind...wanna buy some vinyl? Best prices on the internet, guaranteed...

But, see, when a record is on the turntable, there's nothing separating it from the heater besides air. When they're in their storage location, they're protected by those cinderblocks, which have a surprisingly high R-value. The area they're in doesn't get that warm. The heater has no fan, so the heat kind of wafts up and out.

Boogie with Canned Heat was closest to the heater when I pulled it out earlier tonight to listen to it, and "On the Road Again" played just fine. The records have been there since July.

Tick tock tick tock dude....I've collected vinyl since 1974, still got my originals. No way would I ever put 'em in direct sunlight much less that close to a heat source.

But hey, to each his own.

Back