When the free market fails

true enough. but the flip side is also true, and historically, the right's had the upper hand in who's shuttin' up who.

personally i like to hear both the left and the right mouth off. that way we learn to recognize the outward signs of genetic defect more readily.

Rather than legislating the content of talk radio, the left should concentrate on creating programs that advertisers want to buy time on, and syndicators want to put on more stations across the country. No one is trying to keep the liberal viewpoint off the air, but I would suggest no one wants to listen to their hate-America viewpoints, either.

The reality is that liberals are not that entertaining: they tend to be whiney and resort to name calling and innuendo when backed in to a corner. At least conservative talk show hosts are witty, even if you disagree with them.

the left should concentrate on creating programs that advertisers want to buy time on, and syndicators want to put on more stations across the country

If they put together shows entertaining or informative enough, the rest shall follow. Worrry about gaining & keeping an audience first & foremost.

The reality is that liberals are not that entertaining... At least conservative talk show hosts are witty, even if you disagree with them.

to me both are mildly entertaining ("mommy, look at the mouth breather!! hah hah!!") for a brief period then simply boring. there's nothing brain-engaging about any of it. at least for me.

i do find tim russert entertaining though, when he takes 'em to task, regardless of political stripe. "so, mr. gore, you're asking us to believe that you didn't know it was a fundraiser at the buddhist temple, because you drank too much lemonade, and must have been in the bathroom when any fundraising was discussed...?"

Back