• Take the money & run

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A)Home nightly with the family

B)as much as $15,000. - $20.000 more per year & home 2-3 days a week

$15,000 - $20,000 per year properly invested over a five-year period.
Then by the time you reach retirement age
you won't have to eat dog food and hope your SSI isn't cut.

Jeebus yer a truck driver and you'd be home that much with option 'B'?
Stop yer vacillation and 'git-er-done'!

Part of that extra money has to go to supporting restaurants 8,10,12x a week. 2-3 days in truckerspeak could be as little as 40 hours.

example: Home at 11pm on Tues night, leave by noon Wed, home around 8pm Friday & out the door by 2 pm Sunday.

yeah, by the time taxes come back outta that, I dunno.
I'd have to see all the other perks with each.

virtually equal.

Teamsters vs a profitable company

I'm telling ya, this is killing me

yep.

A 20% or so pay cut now - made up for by OT, plus negotiated scheduled raises putting me right about where I would have been with the old company in 2 years.

I'd be more than happy to tell the Teamsters that I'd like to bury the son next to the father but they wouldn't like that, I don't think ;)

They both have outstanding retirement packages. Advantage to the teamsters is, it follws me to other (teamster) jobs. The other company has a 401 with match, a 4% cash fund & a 5% profit sharing plan.

I'm telling ya, this decision is a toughie. I'm leaning towards family & kicking myself the whole way.

You don't get *do-overs* with your kids. I'd take the job that kept you closer to home and your family more often.

Unless something drastic & unforeseen happens, it's family & poor...agian.

Is it possible to find out how often the Union has decided to go out on strike against this company,you may have more hometime and less money than you planned on if they have a propensity for labour action.

Back