White gentrification hits Northwest cities

highwayman

Wonder when Jesse Jackson will get involved in this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13389273
PORTLAND, Ore. - Already the whitest major city in America, Portland is rapidly becoming even whiter at its core.

"The heart of the black community is gone," said Charles Ford, 76, a black activist whose neighborhood in Portland has flipped in recent years from majority black to majority white. "There ain't no center anymore."

About 150 miles north in Seattle, the nation's second-whitest major city, the same process of downtown demographic bleaching is accelerating for the same reasons.

I wonder if, while they were counting how many black people have left, wether they bothered to count how many new asians have arrived.

No, of course not. That would just be silly.

Professur said:
I wonder if, while they were counting how many black people have left, wether they bothered to count how many new asians have arrived.

No, of course not. That would just be silly.

why would somebody do that, anyway?

SouthernN'Proud said:
Must be all them Southern racist Klan members moving in, huh?

nope.

they's live outside of the cities!

probably why my girlfriend recently asked me "how come when you get outside the city it's all hockey hair and pregnant women smoking?"

anyway, gentirfication is the upstanding liberal yankee way of pushing out minorities! yay! at least the south is more honest when it is racist. gotta dig that shit.

2minkey said:
probably why my girlfriend recently asked me "how come when you get outside the city it's all hockey hair and pregnant women smoking?"

WTF is hockey hair & more importantly...why don't you get a less judgemental girlfriend. :hippy:

Back