White House to Investigate Pelosi, Reid, et al

They usually have to prove some fault of the business in question. If these telecoms are doing nothing wrong then they have nothing to worry about.

Yea? So a hot cup of coffee was illegal?

I don't know much about that coffee ruling.

But I say if the telecoms have any doubt about whether they are legitimately giving up info on US citizens then they shouldn't do it.

I like the idea of privacy. Not so much warrantless wiretaps.

I know the administration has you so scared that you'd give up all your freedom. Not me. There's a huge list of things that are far bigger risks for Americans.....That's what Bush told you to think. Almost verbatim. You haven't figured out that he lies yet huh?

Nothing to worry about here.

Snooze56387.jpg

Life is good, dangers are distant, security is made adequate.... sleep beckons.

John Kerry said:
"We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance. As a former law-enforcement person, I know we're never going to end prostitution. We're never going to end illegal gambling. But we're going to reduce it, organized crime, to a level where it isn't on the rise. It isn't threatening people's lives every day, and fundamentally, it's something that you continue to fight, but it's not threatening the fabric of your life."

Dorothy said:
There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day:"

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/articles/0726sheep.html

Holy crap! ZOMG! Be afraid, give up your freedom, do whatever they say!?!?!?!

Naaahh. Let sleeping wolves lie.

It is denial that turns people into sheep. Sheep are psychologically
destroyed by combat because their only defense is denial, which is
counterproductive and destructive, resulting in fear, helplessness and
horror when the wolf shows up. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that
there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them
where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our
airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much
rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."

Also understand that a sheepdog is a funny critter: He is always sniffing around out on the perimeter, checking the breeze, barking at things that go bump in the night, and yearning for a righteous battle. That is, the young sheepdogs yearn for a righteous battle. The old sheepdogs are a little older and wiser, but they move to the sound of the guns when needed right along with the young ones.

In nature the sheep, real sheep, are born as sheep. Sheepdogs are born that way, and so are wolves. They didn't have a choice. But you are not a critter. As a human being, you can be whatever you want to be. It is a conscious, moral decision.

If you want to be a sheep, then you can be a sheep and that is okay,
but you must understand the price you pay.

THat really is kinda funny. The US Legislative branch is mad at the US Executive branch so, instead of looking at the Constitution to find a solution (or simply working it out) they file a lawsuit with the Judicial branch.

250 years, down the tubes.

Back