Who owns/runs their own business?

StuTheWise

I'm just curious to know what people out there are doing.

I was co-founder of a short-lived (although semi-successful) computer business. I am also founder of several businesses that failed to get off the ground. I am now in the process of building what might be considered a "web-based" business. I basically provide customer referals to other businesses. Some of these companies actually pay enough that I can subcontract out all the work (that makes life easy!)

What do you do, what gave you the idea, and how successful would you say you are at it?

MitchSchaft

My fiance has plans to open up a book keeping firm after she graduates and gets her CPA. She wants to do a lot of stuff that I just can't remember right now.

part time student/computer dealer, love computers, networking etc..
Business can be horribly bad and extremely good some months, make as much as 11-12 thousand on a good month, 800-1000 on a bad.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
:eek:

Is it the quantity of money that entered your business or is it pure profit ???

:eek:

Luis G

Staff member
I know, i just want to be completely sure.....

That's a lot of money.....:eek:

Luis G

Staff member
Ohhhh man, 200% profit over the price you get.....

That's a business....

2 were a set of servers i built, and the last was a big computer order, that was in Janurary 98 i was going through a major financial tiff and a friend got me the deal, Sep 99 and October 2000, nothing big last 2 years.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
If things go right over the next 18 to 24 months, a friend and I will be going into business together. It's a strange deal... if we do it, we will be guaranteed success. If we're not guaranteed success, we'll know it before hand, and won't do it. Man, that sounds weird.

Crossing my fingers... I don't want to work my whole life.

StuTheWise

Independent contractor stuff definitely works!

CPA's seem to do quite well. There are a million businesses out there and nobody wants to do their own bookkeeping (I tried once... almost was the death of me!) That should be a pretty lucrative business.

I would love to get back into the computer business. Just can't get competitive prices in the states unless you're a huge volume dealer.

Was on the verge of starting a travel club with a buddy of mine from eBay. But then we both got fired, and he totally flaked out on me. He is now working on becoming a genealogy consultant... he says they make pretty good money, 'specially here in Utah where genealogy is really big.

tarez

I own my own business but am also in school so only do some local things (rural MN not the best place to sell comptuers) ONly pulled in about $4k last year but that was easy enough to keep me from getting a job and I didn't have to work that hard to get it.

This year looking good. Selling digital cameras internationally and hopefulyl will be selling 7-10 per wek which will get me about $500 or more per week. So a couple of grand a month and I won't be complaining basically getting the items in and then shipping them out.