Who's the turtle freak?

tonksy

Well...besides me...is it Nalani or Ku'u?
Anyway, I wanted to show off 2 new pieces of happy turtle art we picked up during our Thanksgiving trip to Rob's Mommy's.

This ones pretty cool...

attachment.php

ooohhh i *heart* the stained glass turtle .. loverly!!

We both love turtles ... not sure we're freaks, but we love them LOL ;)

You know, turtles basically *look* the same .. but I don't really care for land turtles LOL .. not sure why ... I mean, they're cute and all .. but ocean turtles are my thing...

Mine too! But I have always thought it would be neat to have an aquarium with turtles.
Nat? how much work are they as compared with fish?

Highway and Nalani - i fell in love with the stained glass turtle the instant I saw it! Once the kitchen is painted it will definitely stand out for sure!

Highway and Nalani - i fell in love with the stained glass turtle the instant I saw it! Once the kitchen is painted it will definitely stand out for sure!

You'll have to send pics of the kitchen when it's done ... build around the stained glass turtle ;)

You'll have to send pics of the kitchen when it's done ... build around the stained glass turtle ;)

Sure! Once we get the kitchen painted there are 2 more pieces of artwork we are going to pick up for the walls. They are underwater scenes made from colored sheet metal - copper turtle, teal-ish blue fish and rosy copper seahorses all around a copper reef. They are larger pieces but because the walls are so big they'll look fine in the kitchen.

Sure! Once we get the kitchen painted there are 2 more pieces of artwork we are going to pick up for the walls. They are underwater scenes made from colored sheet metal - copper turtle, teal-ish blue fish and rosy copper seahorses all around a copper reef. They are larger pieces but because the walls are so big they'll look fine in the kitchen.

Ooohhh ... I should post pics of my 'home improvement' projects too ... I fixed the wax ring on the toilet all by myself (doesn't sound like much to you men but believe me, it's a big deal to me :D) - umm.. ok, maybe I won't post pics of *that* hehehehe .. but I just finished remodeling my bedroom and gave it to my teenaged skittles so they'll have a 'space' ... I'm defining an area for me in the huge living area ... so that's my next project ...

Congrats on the toilet! That's a big accomplishment! Make you feel all handy? I love that feeling!

Seems like the basement has slipped yet again to a later date of start for improvement (Any guesses why? I'd bet you can noodle it out for yourself) so we may get an earlier start on the kitchen...but we may not. We are unsure how best to handle it because we aren't sure where to start.
We want to strip the wallpaper and paint but remember when our microwave died? It's attached to the oven and the oven has started to go so we may go ahead and replace it....but the range could be worlds better and I am wondering if it would behoove us to replace it when we replace the oven as it might come out more cost effective that route. I know we want to replace the range top before we get new countertops (which I am dying for) so that we don't have to fuck up our custom job later. There is also the situation with the trash compactor...who still has one of those? I want to pull it out and put in a chiller in it's spot.......but then won't our old little fridge look all delapitated next to the new stuff?
And then there is the matter of the hanging pot rack and matching chandilier.....Add that all together and you can see why the mention of kitchen renovating brings a pucker to My Precious's posterior.

You know... the term "fired" comes from the time when a boss would get rid of an employee by burning down his house... I'd suggest you'd fire Mr. Mooch if it wouldn't involve burning down your own place with it.

Seems like the basement has slipped yet again to a later date of start for improvement (Any guesses why? I'd bet you can noodle it out for yourself)

You've GOT to be kidding? Somehow, I'm not all that surprised ... seriously .. y'all have got waaaay more patience than me LOL .. I'd have packed all his things and tossed it out on the curb and changed the locks .. the frienship is already down the tubes anyway ...

And then there is the matter of the hanging pot rack and matching chandilier.....Add that all together and you can see why the mention of kitchen renovating brings a pucker to My Precious's posterior.

omgomgomg, I sooooo want a hanging pot rack!!! I don't know why, it?s not like I have a fully functioning kitchen or I cook or anything LOL .. but I just want to get the pots and pans up and out of the way ... good luck in the kitchen renovating *says it loud just to see his face turn red* ... I'm sure it'll look great!!! kitchen renovation ... kitchen renovation... kitchen renovation ... hehehehehehehehehehehe

You've GOT to be kidding? Somehow, I'm not all that surprised ... seriously .. y'all have got waaaay more patience than me LOL .. I'd have packed all his things and tossed it out on the curb and changed the locks .. the frienship is already down the tubes anyway ...
Yeah...but for some reason that remains completely unbeknownst to me I just don't feel like it's my fight, you know? I get so mad because it's obvious that Rob is being used. You know that he doesn't ever speak to Rob unless there is an actual need? So it's not like Rob is getting friendship back in trade. It's a fucking lousy thing to do to someone.

nalani said:
omgomgomg, I sooooo want a hanging pot rack!!! I don't know why, it?s not like I have a fully functioning kitchen or I cook or anything LOL .. but I just want to get the pots and pans up and out of the way ... good luck in the kitchen renovating *says it loud just to see his face turn red* ... I'm sure it'll look great!!! kitchen renovation ... kitchen renovation... kitchen renovation ... hehehehehehehehehehehe

I love pot racks! And seeing as how we cook a lot, the pot rack would allow for more counter space by giving us space to store the rice cooker, mixer, huge dutch oven etc...because if the pots and pans go up high the other gear can go in it's place.

The good thing about this whole renovating thing is that every room now has a theme so all we have to do it the leg (and wallet) work.

I have a full grown Red Eared Slider in an 75 gallon aquarium. He looks something like this.

red-eared-slider-turtle-0016.jpg

Yeah, he's funny. His name is Gilbert and his shell about 8 inches long and he's about a foot tall when he stands up against the side of the tank.

He paddles in the water really fast and wags his tail when he wants attention. Reminds me of an excited puppy.

Back