Why is it...

PrincessLissa said:
Because the seat and the lid should BOTH be put down before flushing the toiliet. Didn;'t you see all the specials on TV about th fecal matter that sprays out of the toliet when you flush and how it gets all over the toothbrush and towles and other things in the bathroom?

That's part of why I always put both halves down. That, and because then everyone has to do some lifting before going to the bathroom, so it's more fair. But if not for all that, my opinion on the matter was cemented the day a soaked kitty jumped on my lap. You can guess how he got soaked.

PrincessLissa said:
Because the seat and the lid should BOTH be put down before flushing the toiliet. Didn;'t you see all the specials on TV about th fecal matter that sprays out of the toliet when you flush and how it gets all over the toothbrush and towles and other things in the bathroom?

BeardofPants said:
Okay, in our household, the whole toilet seat gets put down prior to flushing, so the germies don't end up all over the bathroom, basin, and toothbrushes. :sick: No arguments about leaving it up or down either. :shrug:

Yep, which is why there's no arguments about this kind of silly stuff to begin with. Anyway, who decided that the natural state of the toilet seat is up? :rolleyes: Bloody unhygenic, it is! :nerd:

yah, in my bathroom, which is kind of small, the natural place to stand while using the mirror is kind of slightly next to, yet in front of and a bit over, the toilet.

a couple years ago, i dropped my eyeliner pencil in the open toilet-__-
of course i threw it away, but it was such a waste of good eyeliner...

so i get weird about that now, lol

Wacky Nacky said:
Men can be trained to sit and pee you know ;) You could try that for a change, and then you wouldn't have to lift up the toilet seat.

Women can be trained to pee standing up, you know ;) You could try that for a change, and then you wouldn't always bitch about the seat being up. :lol2:

MrBishop said:
Promised Cam to post this..and the French say that tehy're cultured folk...feh!

This is a toilet in Paris...blew my mind how anyone can go to an expensive restaurant, go to the loo and have to deal with this!

Never heard the term 'copping a squat'? :lol:

Gato_Solo said:
Women can be trained to pee standing up, you know ;) You could try that for a change, and then you wouldn't always bitch about the seat being up. :lol2:
i tried that once...i think our stream is more out of control than yours :eh: hard to aim something when you can't really...well...you catch my drift, don't you?

Gato_Solo said:

They certainly can.....I've got a movie with a fine example of female urinal dexterity in it :)

No......not that kinda movie.......it's a movie called The Full Monty.....a brit comedy......honest!

Oz said:
They certainly can.....I've got a movie with a fine example of female urinal dexterity in it :)

No......not that kinda movie.......it's a movie called The Full Monty.....a brit comedy......honest!

That movie was also a hit in the US, Oz. ;)

tonks said:
i tried that once...i think our stream is more out of control than yours :eh: hard to aim something when you can't really...well...you catch my drift, don't you?

Gotcha...;) It's just much more comfortable for a man to stand, and more natural for a woman to sit. :shrug:

Back