Why on my shift???

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
ok, well we have a pool and hot tub here, I go to turn on the pool lights this morning and I here a strange noise in the pool maintence room, I unlock the door and what do I see?

A geyser!

Turns out a pipe bursts, and water was everywhere, in fact spraying on a electric panel...

I find the cut off, after about 15 minutes (I have only ever been in this room once before) turn it off call the bosses, 4 different numbers, no answer.

Call the pool tech, with the number provided (at 5:00 in the morning) and turns out it is not a cell, or a pager it is his HOME number. well tell him the problem, hitting the cut-off was ok, now major fast hit the breakers for the pool and hottub spas before they burn out trying to pump water that is not running. The breakers the water was spraying on....

so I clench my teeth and make sure the soles of my shoes are rubber (I have a bad history with electricity)..reach out and touch the switch....and ......nothing, the pumps turn off, I was almost disappointed, lol.

(second time going for a darwin award, but i figure if water actually got it the breakers woudl have tripped, as that is what they are meant to do, if I am mistaken, don't tell me)

He calls back and it might not be is equipment, so he is gonna look everything over, and he has to restart the monster that is our pool equipment.

Right now I am very wet and in need of coffee.

paul_valaru said:
Call the pool tech, with the number provided (at 5:00 in the morning) and turns out it is not a cell, or a pager it is his HOME number. well tell him the problem, hitting the cut-off was ok, now major fast hit the breakers for the pool and hottub spas before they burn out trying to pump water that is not running. The breakers the water was spraying on....

so I clench my teeth and make sure the soles of my shoes are rubber (I have a bad history with electricity)..reach out and touch the switch....and ......nothing, the pumps turn off, I was almost disappointed, lol.

(second time going for a darwin award, but i figure if water actually got it the breakers woudl have tripped, as that is what they are meant to do, if I am mistaken, don't tell me)

Just out of curiosity, Mr. Hero .... How much are you getting paid an hour? Next time, use a broom handle.

Back