Why, praytell,

chcr said:
:rofl: What a quaint idea. :shrug:

You know, you're absolutely correct. The rich and powerful have been getting off easy since the Vietnam war.

What? Did you think the ending of the draft, equal rights, and the peace movement were for poor people? Invented by the rich to protect their sons and daughters. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
What? Did you think the ending of the draft, equal rights, and the peace movement were for poor people? Invented by the rich to protect their sons and daughters. ;)

Good for them...and look, it became an equitable thing

Gonz said:
Good for them...and look, it became an equitable thing

Nope. The rich, as a group, avoids military service. They're quick to demand it, but very slow to support it.

Gato, it's not really the "rich", it's the people that have political pull.
Most all the people with the pull are rich, but not all the rich have the right pull.

I know rich folks that have gotten that so called equal justice because they didn't
have friends in the right places.
Most actors seem to have the pull though...maybe because of the media????
Like Nick....
http://www.astropix.com/HTML/L_STORY/NOLTE.HTM

No contest...WTF?
Yep I'd have been doing at least 30 days, not to mention having to spend 30-50K for schooling and such.

The key word here is Actor ... If you think this is messed up remeber OJ Simpson and Robert Blake. How did they get off? Bucks...

People call me crazy, but personally I'm still up in the air about OJ. Blake too actually.
Now M Jackson, yeah, he did that shit....

Gato_Solo said:
You know, you're absolutely correct. The rich and powerful have been getting off easy since the Vietnam war.
Since the dawn of time, Gato, since the dawn of time.

just another reason to strive to be rich
if all the good stuff was to be had by the po
folk then we'd strive to be po

Nope being wealthy is supposed to have it's benefits.

and bein' po ain't

got it? good now go back to werk you slacker

My thoughts exactly. That is also one of the best reasons to be an American. The opportunities for the po to become the rich are unending, if one is willing to work hard & work smart (and have a good broker)

Back