Why was this thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDLEchild

Huh?

One person decides that it doesn't entertains his whims and the thread is closed?

There was no lude conduct, offensive language, and malarky of any kind going on so why was it shut down?

You're telling me that this thread was closed because: It wasn't going anywhere? Well then the same reasoning could be used to shut down RW....infact I want RW shut down because....

*ahem*

I declare this debate useless and closed, unless someone wants to convince me that they're open minded enough to have actually attempted to understand the other's opinion

Yes...if this is the reasoning adopted for closing down subjects then let's axe the RW forum. We've all read the painful vitriol RW trickles down to...no one agrees, no one is open minded etc etc etc.

Truly, I do not understand.....

P.S. To those who are constantly putting key words in bold to accompany us...please stop. It is annoying and taxing on the nerves. If you're constantly having to put words in bold with no results then it is obvious you're point isn't getting across because most likely...NO ONE CARES.

No one here is an illterate retard who needs bold words to have the point struck home.

Winky

No one here is an illterate retard who needs bold words to have the point struck home.
(illterate?)

I for one take offense at that comment!

I may not be illiterate but I am defiantly a 'tard!!!

Want some cheese with that whine?

I basically answered (and quashed I might say) all anyone ever needed to know in the first post in that stupid thread.
--------------
I normally find it irresistible to blindly take the neo-fascist side in every issue
but this time...

Any attempt to propound 'creationism' as science
deserves to slapped down like the primitive belief that it is.
/end rant/
----------------

So what are you gonna do? Boycott the real world lol

ClaireBear

Banned
It was closed because... this is OTC and thats what happens here... :shrug:

*CB waits patiently for Les to close this too*

Raven

Annoying SOB
It was closed on account of it stopped being a structured discussion and turned into Creationism vs Evolution - Try And Disprove Your Opponent.

A.B.Normal

Winky said:
(illterate?)

I for one take offense at that comment!

I may not be illiterate but I am defiantly a 'tard!!!

Want some cheese with that whine?

I basically answered (and quashed I might say) all anyone ever needed to know in the first post in that stupid thread.
--------------
I normally find it irresistible to blindly take the neo-fascist side in every issue
but this time...

Any attempt to propound 'creationism' as science
deserves to slapped down like the primitive belief that it is.
/end rant/
----------------

So what are you gonna do? Boycott the real world lol

This from some guy with a rabbit stuck to his ass,.......thats right mister I'm callin' you a pancake :lloyd:

ClaireBear

Banned
Raven said:
It was closed on account of it stopped being a structured discussion and turned into Creationism vs Evolution - Try And Disprove Your Opponent.

ClaireBear said:

Raven

Annoying SOB
Real World is an on topic forum. You stray from the topic too far or it generates into a self perpetuating slanging match then it's pointless to continue....I wouldn't have minded saying a few extra things myself but they did have a point in closing it.

Still taking creationism with a tankerload of salt though ;)

ClaireBear

Banned
Raven said:
Real World is an on topic forum. You stray from the topic too far or it generates into a self perpetuating slanging match then it's pointless to continue....I wouldn't have minded saying a few extra things myself but they did have a point in closing it.

Still taking creationism with a tankerload of salt though ;)

Slagging matches are RW discission... the same devolution would have occured if if were a discussion in a pub...

You can't keep discussion "OnTopic" and if that was the problem why not just open another thread under the Creationism V Evolutionism title and transfer the posts?

I dunno... I'm with IC...

Raven

Annoying SOB
If it had devolved that far in a pub people would have said 'bollocks to this' much sooner.

Slagging matches occur when RW discussion stops being discussion.

ClaireBear

Banned
Raven said:
If it had devolved that far in a pub people would have said 'bollocks to this' much sooner.

Quite possibly.. but someone saying "Bollocks to this" and heading off to the bar doesn't mean the conversation would stop... simply that they're no longer a party to it... if others have points to make it would continue... until all that are involved have said "Bollocks to this" and mutually decided to move on...

There is no such mutual decision here... its the initial "Bollocks to this" er that makes the decision tocease the discussion entirely... hardly fair!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It was closed because some people don't like their theories questioned. Even when shown evidence that contradicts their theory, they will blindly lash out at anyone who questions them, because they claim their 'facts' are based on something besides faith. :shrug: At least I never made that claim...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Raven said:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
ClaireBear said:

Back that up.

Oh. and that's twice in two days. Do it again.

ClaireBear

Banned
Leslie said:
Back that up.

Oh. and that's twice in two days. Do it again.

Opinion and fact Leslie...

Supposedly "long drawn out"... often interesting... exchanges are more than not closed mid flow and TBH the times I've been a' counting its done by you...

Maybe you just work harder or summit... or maybe you being a female means you can multi-task and unlike most blokes... as well as being able to chew gum and fart... you can post and moderate!!!! :D ;)

Twice what exactly?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I gotta admit she's right, Les, there are :eek5: TWO WHOLE LOCKED THREADS in 26 pages of the real world (not including stickies). Just call us ThreadLock™ Central. We are a bunch of tyrants, aren't we? :beerbang:

ClaireBear

Banned
Leslie said:
exchanges are more than not closed mid flow

Show me.

Everytime! You don't take a vote or pole with those involved... it just gets closed...

Leaving many with a....

"Oh.. I had plenty more to say... Oh well!"

feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.