Why?????

Mare

Why is it that us women need all kinds of shoes and accessories for an outfit and be judged-BUT guys can where mix match socks and clothes and nobody says anything????

(Can't help coming up with threads today-trying to AVOID :lloyd: -oops I mean someone here) :laugh2:

Mare said:
Why is it that us women need all kinds of shoes and accessories for an outfit and be judged-BUT guys can where mix match socks and clothes and nobody says anything????

(Can't help coming up with threads today-trying to AVOID :lloyd: -oops I mean someone here) :laugh2:
i own alot of shoes. but thats because i've been collecting them for years, and who doesn't need a buncha funky colored doc martens and 12 pairs of sandals? i wear what ever i feel like and i don't care what anyone else says.
but, mare, women are just more "decorative" than men. which is unusual because usually it is the male, in nature, that has all the pretty colors, bright plumage, extra hair, or other such bling-bling.

tonks said:
i own alot of shoes. but thats because i've been collecting them for years, and who doesn't need a buncha funky colored doc martens and 12 pairs of sandals? i wear what ever i feel like and i don't care what anyone else says.
but, mare, women are just more "decorative" than men. which is unusual because usually it is the male, in nature, that has all the pretty colors, bright plumage, extra hair, or other such bling-bling.

Right-Like the Bling Bling :D

It is simple, women criticize other women more than they criticize men.

Men couldn't care less about how women match their clothes as long as they look good, hell sometimes we don't even notice if you get a haircut do you really think we would spot a different pair of shoes?, remember that most men only are able to see 4 colours :D

BUT guys can where mix match socks and clothes and nobody says anything????

Who says? In a metrosexual metropolis the males are finding it a challenge themselves to coordinate and excesorize.

Buttcrackdivine said:
Who says? In a metrosexual metropolis the males are finding it a challenge themselves to coordinate and excesorize.

Well, that's because they are mostly business men-but , in the ordinary ,day to day ,ordinary male-NAHHHHHHHHH

(PS-I'm sure it's somewhere in Cosmopolitan-or Style Magazine...)

Ah hell, I have about 53 pairs of shoes that I actually wear & a matching handbag for each of those. I'm a shopaholic & I don't really give a flying fuck about what others say about that. I dress nicely because I want to & not because some daft cow in a girly mag says I should - wouldn't really know what they say since the only mags I read are FHM & Sports Illustrated.

But I have to say it's becoming more & more difficults to find stuff that I like & would feel comfortable in wearing - too many of the things I see nowadays are just plain ugly & the shoes look like disgusting goblin chuckaways :rolleyes:

AlphaTroll said:
Ah hell, I have about 53 pairs of shoes that I actually wear & a matching handbag for each of those. I'm a shopaholic & I don't really give a flying fuck about what others say about that. I dress nicely because I want to & not because some daft cow in a girly mag says I should - wouldn't really know what they say since the only mags I read are FHM & Sports Illustrated.

But I have to say it's becoming more & more difficults to find stuff that I like & would feel comfortable in wearing - too many of the things I see nowadays are just plain ugly & the shoes look like disgusting goblin chuckaways :rolleyes:

Have to say ditto on the clothes style now adays, just not me....

Squiggy said:
Yup...Its cuz wimmins is crazy....just crazy...:grinyes:

Yup :grineyes:

I think that once a man has had a few years of shaving at 6am ...... perfecting the art of not removing signifacant chunks of flesh from your face while still half asleep and usually half drunk......all other little thoughts of appearance can go and bugger off :dizzy:

Besides..........life is too short to sort socks into pairs ;)

Don't get me wrong......I like the fact that some women can spend hours getting ready.......when they take time over their appearance it gives me time to read the newspaper in peace :)

Speaking for men...we just can't be bother reading Style Magazine to find out what the rules are:

Do the socks match the pants? Does the tie match the shirt or the pants? Are stripes 'in' or is it polkadots? Square toes or pointy? AARGH!!!

Fuck it!...White whirt, dark pants, dark tie, whatever shoes I grab first and socks...if they don't stink, wear then...if they DO stink, shoot them with deoderant and then wear them. :)

My socks always match, my tie matches, never a brown belt with black shoes, never white socks with black pants.

my hair is always "done'

it doesn't take much, takes me 30 minutes to get out of the house in the morning, that includes shower, and cut free shave, I just don't understand why it takes women an hour

MrBishop said:
Speaking for men...we just can't be bother reading Style Magazine to find out what the rules are:

Do the socks match the pants? Does the tie match the shirt or the pants? Are stripes 'in' or is it polkadots? Square toes or pointy? AARGH!!!

Fuck it!...White whirt, dark pants, dark tie, whatever shoes I grab first and socks...if they don't stink, wear then...if they DO stink, shoot them with deoderant and then wear them. :)
my husband had a 'business attire' job for a couple of months and i got sick of him asking me what tie to wear and how do these pants look, blah. blah...if you're not going to listen to me - don't ask. don't even get me involved. for chrissakes, i wear boxers all day! of course the hippy is going to like the grateful dead tie - duh! and i bought him this awesome tie, it's pretty colorful. its a jimmy v from the joe theisman collection and it has sports plays on it, all the little arrows and circles, but they are not overly noticable, so it's cool. does he like it? no, too colorful....well, buy your own damn ties.

paul_valaru said:
My socks always match, my tie matches, never a brown belt with black shoes, never white socks with black pants.

my hair is always "done'

it doesn't take much, takes me 30 minutes to get out of the house in the morning, that includes shower, and cut free shave, I just don't understand why it takes women an hour

Add a kid to that equation and see how well you do! :)

This morning is a fine example. Woke up at 6h30...Changed my son and got him dressed, fixed his lunch and supper. Prepared and fed his breakfast, washed up his little mess. Fixed lunch for myself and MrsBishop (She was showering). Shaved, got dressed and was out the door with my son at 7h30. Drove him downtown (Cote des Neiges) to his granfather's, turn around and went back to the South Shore for my first job. (9h00).

I don't have time to choose clothes in the mornings. I am too tired to do so the night ebfore, and even if I did...the cat's would shed all over the suit before I woke up.

At least...my hair is painfully short, so I don't have to worry about that :)

MrBishop said:
Add a kid to that equation and see how well you do! :)

This morning is a fine example. Woke up at 6h30...Changed my son and got him dressed, fixed his lunch and supper. Prepared and fed his breakfast, washed up his little mess. Fixed lunch for myself and MrsBishop (She was showering). Shaved, got dressed and was out the door with my son at 7h30. Drove him downtown (Cote des Neiges) to his granfather's, turn around and went back to the South Shore for my first job. (9h00).

I don't have time to choose clothes in the mornings. I am too tired to do so the night ebfore, and even if I did...the cat's would shed all over the suit before I woke up.

At least...my hair is painfully short, so I don't have to worry about that :)

ahh, yes I forgot teh kid factor, I pick out my clothes the night before, and they are where the cats can't get to them, i pair up my socks (well toe tell the truth I only buy one kind of black sock ever, so they ALL match.

I have 5 ties I wear to work, and I know what shirts they match.

My hair is shortish (for now), but it's so straight, that no matter how long it gets, it's a gel and go.

Black pants, black blazers

Listen: I am not a morning person. I have 2 alarm clocks. One goes off at 6:38am. I can reach this one with my arm. Second alarm clock goes off at 6:45am. I have to get up to turn this one off. Then I get back into bed till 7:10 or so. Then I tend to wander around the house for 15 minutes in my boxer shorts before i do a damn thing. This is not a pretty sight, unless you are into back hair. At 7:25 I sort through the clean clothes basket (never the dresser or closet, clothes seems to never make it there) to find a shirt and pants that I can throw into the dryer to get the wrinkles out. Then Shit-Shower-Shave, to the laundry room to get dressed, out the door at 7:45, 5 minutes late. Every day.

And so on.

i dont remember the last time i combed my hair.

I am 23 and single.

The only thing I am careful/vain about are my teeth. I brush 2-3 times a day, every day and floss once a day, use mouthwash at least twice.

rrfield

IU'm not a morning person either, my wife knows not to talk to me until we are out of the house, anyhting messes up my routine, if my routine is messed up, i run late.

paul_valaru said:
IU'm not a morning person either, my wife knows not to talk to me until we are out of the house, anyhting messes up my routine, if my routine is messed up, i run late.

My routine IS to run late :)

rrfield

Back