Will it Happen in America?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Noting like forced voluteering...

wait, isn't that called THE DRAFT?

spike

Good idea! :thumbup:

I absolutely love people making fools of themselves with Hitler and slave comparisons. Priceless. :rofl3:

2minkey

bootlicker
how about the hitler and me comparisons i've had to live with every since i took over that day care center? i mean, golly, all i wanted was a little respect.

chcr

Too cute for words
You mean like the Hitler and Bush comparisons we had to live with for eight years?

You know, I only heard that Bush comparison a few times, right after it started to become clear to everyone else that the Iraq invasion was trumped up bullshit. I certainly did not hear them continually for eight years although it looks like I'll probably be hearing these for at least four. It wasn't really accurate then, it's not really accurate now. Calling up those comments to defend these is more than a little childish though, don't you think? :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Before he took office, it was SELECTED, NOT ELECTED. The words changed but the sentiment remains.

Inkara1

You know, I only heard that Bush comparison a few times, right after it started to become clear to everyone else that the Iraq invasion was trumped up bullshit. I certainly did not hear them continually for eight years although it looks like I'll probably be hearing these for at least four. It wasn't really accurate then, it's not really accurate now. Calling up those comments to defend these is more than a little childish though, don't you think? :shrug:

I think your political leanings are clouding your objectivity on the issue. I suppose it is possible, though, that living in a more liberal state and going to college during the first part of the Bush presidency, in addition to being a member at this site since 2002, would leave me open to hearing the comparison a few more times then you've heard it. You're right, though, that it wasn't accurate then nor is it now.

I also don't recall defending the compliments now; I only pointed out that we're going through 2001-2004 all over again, with the opposite people playing the same roles. Your reaction to that is what led to my choice of the first sentence of this post.

jimpeel

Then you have never Googled "bush hitler" because the comparisons are out there en masse. Moveon.org was the main culprit.

chcr

Too cute for words
Before he took office, it was SELECTED, NOT ELECTED. The words changed but the sentiment remains.

Now that was accurate. He became president via a court ruling. But interestingly, I still hoped he would be a successful president. Why do so many of your fellow conservatives wish otherwise about the new guy?

*snip*
I also don't recall defending the compliments now; I only pointed out that we're going through 2001-2004 all over again, with the opposite people playing the same roles. Your reaction to that is what led to my choice of the first sentence of this post.
Sorry, I didn't necessarily mean you in particular although it is rather what you were doing there. It came across as "Well, he did it first." In fact, I suspect something like it has been brought up about every president since Truman in one way or another.

jimpeel

Now that was accurate. He became president via a court ruling.

Yes. A court ruling brought about by his opposition taking the case to court. If the court had ruled in Gore's favor he, also, would have "become president via a court ruling".

Cerise

Have mercy.

algorefirep.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Now that was accurate. He became president via a court ruling. But interestingly, I still hoped he would be a successful president. Why do so many of your fellow conservatives wish otherwise about the new guy?

The court did not appoint him. Nothing close to that. The SCotUS told the FL courts they could not re-write election law, post facto.

GW won the FL election, period.

We don't want Obama to succeed because his objectives are bad for America.

And of course we all know Bush's objectives were good for 'merica! Its always good to make up false intel and go to war for no real reasons, under false pretenses and award Haliburton lots of contracts to rebuild Iraq at the expense of the American people! Look at how good that turned out for Cheney, er um I mean 'merica! Look where we're at now because of Bushies altruistic aims that were so obviously good for America!

We would even be in better shape if McCain was president and all the bailouts could have continued with zero oversight and all those poor oppressed executives could have had their corporate welfare, er um I mean golden parachutes. I mean you try to live without the mansion and the maid, butler, private jet, and the chauffeur after you have become accustomed to such a modest lifestyle! And what if the company fails again and the economy collapses and there is no bailout? What will those guys do when that happens? Those damn Democrats trying to regulate what the taxpayer money gets used for.....Outrageous!

And look at the welfare state! The 1% of the budget that goes on welfare might go up to 1.1%!!! Thats what's truly wrong with this country! If they have their way health care might even somehow be available for POOR PEOPLE! OMG this country is ruined, I'm moving to.....well I guess there still isn't anywhere with as much capitalist greed in the first world so, I guess I'll have to move to a third world country where I can live like the ruling class person I was born to be!

Inkara1

*snip*
We would even be in better shape if McCain was president and all the bailouts could have continued with zero oversight*snip*
Do you know that for certain or are you just acting stupid for the sake of hyperbole again?

*snip* If they have their way health care might even somehow be available for POOR PEOPLE!*snip*
I don't suppose you've heard of the Medicaid program. It's the feds working in concert with the states to provide health insurance to POOR PEOPLE! In California, that insurance program is called Medi-Cal. It would probably have a different name in your state.

....I don't suppose you've heard of the Medicaid program. It's the feds working in concert with the states to provide health insurance to POOR PEOPLE! In California, that insurance program is called Medi-Cal. It would probably have a different name in your state.

Yeah medicaid, that's a joke right? You are not serious are you? Do you even begin to fathom what that program covers? If you aren't joking then obviously you are clueless.

Oh and by the way, I am in no way defending what this administration is, has, or will do, nor am I talking about this administration at all in this instance. I am referring to the last administration and the actual "record of achievements". You can pretend Bush was good for this country all you like, it won't change the facts. In so far as the last administration, all I can say is pull the wool over your own eyes, as you likely already have.