Winter came back...

Sold about 350 or so at a garage sale back in '90. Do they even sell turntables anymore?

Well, I partitioned the Bigfoot into a 2gb primary partition and 2 1733mb logical drives in the extended partition and formatted them all as fat16. Then I installed '95, made a new 95 boot disk which recognises the seperate partitions and put it back in the Apricot.

It detects one of the logical drives as drive 0 and has the fdd detected as a 384mb 5 1/4" b drive again. I think the BIOS is just too old or maybe the chip has become corrupted over time. The parts work ok individually, but put it all together and it doesn't seem to want to know.

I can't honestly see how I'm going to get it to work. There's just no facilities to do much manually, it's all autodetect and it just isn't detecting things correctly.

No idea, but it's an apricot MS540 and the BIOS is some name I've never heard of... I'll tsake a look and see if I can find any info on the baord tomorrow.

Spring time in the mid south...

Tennessee has tornado warnings & Fox news says you're all gonna die if ya don't take cover immediately. Then they connect through affiliate roofscams in Nashville & Memphis, hoping to catch the carnage mother nature brings every single year & acting as though any of this is new.

Gotta love spring & gotta love the 24 hours news cycle.

North and West side of Nashville has been getting hammered for the last hour or so.

All hell broke loose for 20 minutes at 4 in the effing A of M. Absolutely nasty bursts of wind. I had visions of a tree or two falling over and trying to rodger my house.

Yeah, I woke up when the civil defense sirens went off at 3:51. Was up for about an hour, watching the 70 foot tall pine trees across the street whip around like they were spaghetti noodles.

I never knew the doppler radar went past red, through purple, and into white. That's where the tornado was, which flipped a tractor-trailer over across Roswell from the big chicken.

Did I mention that I'm thinking of coming up with some form of folding rigid walls for the camper? 1/4" armour plate, perhaps.

Back