Would you drive a ZENN?

MrBishop

zenn_sunroof1.jpg

For comfort and convenience, a new car is rolling out in the American streets and it is called ZENN.
ZENN MOTOR COMPANY has produced an all electric zero emission low speed vehicle. There’s No more exaust and expensive tune-ups, no more oil changes or oil filters, and many more repairs that the internal combustion engine goes through.​
The ZENN can be recharged anywhere where there’s an electric outlet and the charge usually last for 5 hours. Other features of the car includes an aluminum allowy chassis, a/c, power locks, power windows, remote keyless entry, defrost, heater, and a few more features that are normally found in luxury cars.​
The top speed clocks at 25 mph, and on a single charge, it will cover 250 miles on the equivalent amount
of energy contained in a single gallon of gas. It’s not bad for a small car that is now available to buy in the United States. Prices for the ZENN vary due to electricity usage in many localities.​
The car is designed mainly for urban dwellers, low speed city streets up to 35mph, community neighborhoods, and other short term commutes. ZENN has a highway vehicle in the works as well for the future. But for now, if you want to drive to your local foodmart, or friends house, drive with ZENN.​

http://www.zenncars.com

Just got approved for Quebec - nice considering that it's Canadian made. Urban driving only (25mph/40kph top speed). Zero noise, zero emissions.​
Two passenger only.

So..would you be caught dead in one?

i would not drive one, but i'd be happy to test the resilience of one by proper and careful application of baseball bat.

Ummmm... what makes them think urban residents (the only people who could conceivably ever even considering buying a car like this) have a garage with a power outlet?

I park two blocks away from my building, in a large parking lot. Even if I could park right in front of it, I'd need to string an extension cord out of the window, across the sidewalk, and to the car. And that's living on the 1st floor... what if you're on the 5th? or the 10th?

If you live in the city and have your own private garage, you probably are rich enough to park a $80,000 Mercedes or BMW in it.

I live in the city, and I keep my car mainly for highway trips (going to the beach, visiting my parents, etc.). There's so little parking and so much traffic that I can usually walk or take a train faster than I can drive.

there's no outlet in my garage... but i guess at some level that's kind of a lame excuse. golly, how hard could it be to have a line run out to el garajo?

your situation, of course, is a little different, since it's across the street and all. but at that point, saving $gas dudn't really make a big impact since you drive so infrequently.

That they're thinking of these things as possible replacements for Cabbie is scary. Which cabby in his right mind would limit his passenger capacity to 1 person..sitting right next to him..and be forced to recharge his wheels a few times per day..if he cah find a place to charge it, that is.

Sheesh! Yuppie-mobile

It would be illegal to drive that thing on most arterial city streets because it can't even go the minimum speed. It would be awfully nice to drive around the golf course in, though.

Too bad... I'd hoped that the idea could catch on so that Chilton/Haynes could make a repair manual and call it "Zen and the Art of ZENN Maintenance."

there's no outlet in my garage... but i guess at some level that's kind of a lame excuse. golly, how hard could it be to have a line run out to el garajo?

your situation, of course, is a little different, since it's across the street and all. but at that point, saving $gas dudn't really make a big impact since you drive so infrequently.

My point is that a top speed of 25mph limits it to city residents. There's no way to get around the burbs with a car like that.
And, in NYC at least, inner city residents do not have garages attached to their homes. Apartment buildings might have a garage in the basement level, or a parking lot, but very few city residents have a private garage to charge it in.

To me, it just really defeats the purpose, if no one in the target market has the means to charge it, and no one outside of the target market could get any use out of it.

not only no but hell no.

If I'm gonna have a carbon footprint, I want it to be oil based, not coal based

that thing just looks like a tonka toy. I'd be affraid for my life in fort wayne traffic. specially the downtown driving. eek

I wouldn't mind driving it. Around my little town, speed is not a problem.

Of course, if you think I'm giving up my Lincoln for highway driving, forget it! LOL

Back