Would you rather be blind or deaf?

Which would you rather be?

• Completely Blind

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Completely Deaf

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

MrBishop

Give a choice...would you rather be completely blind or completely deaf?

They both have fairly negative connotations.

If you're deaf, you can't hear music, you can't hear your children laughing, your S.O.'s voice, the sound of birds etc... and it's the 'invisible disability'

Being blind means never seeing sunrises or sunsets, TV, paintings, your families' faces etc...

So?

damn.... such a hard decision since I would miss beauty like Les and Cam if I was blind. But if I was deaf I couldnt hear my music. damn...... so difficult. Cant I be dead :p

I'd choose deaf, because there are times you just don't want to hear it. :grinyes:

Besides...there's always sign language and lip reading. :p

I think being blind would be way more difficult.
You couldn't drive, or any kind of travel very good. Shopping, writing,
...and probably several other thing that you can do if deaf.
I'd have ta vote for deafness over blindness.
Also the technology is looking closer to fixing more deafness problems (curing)
than blindness.

I'd prefer deafness myself..less to learn. I already know ASL, and I can kinda manage with lipreading. Wouldn't have to learn braile, or how to walk aronds again. Many more things to learn to do if blind...hell, just cooking for yourself and eating would be a challenge again.

I mean...those dark glasses are kwel, but the white cane thing's passé :)

deaf. for already-given reasons, and also because i freak out when i can't see what's going on around me. i often rely on sight to complete the basic task of keeping me sane.

Eh?

I'm about 70% in both ears. Genetic, from my dad's side. So no, not completely. I can hear fine with hearing aids, and without, I can make out most bass sounds.

I chose deaf, because I can still look at other women without the wife getting pissy ,but if I were to have to do the touchy feely thing the wife would definatley get pissed.

BeardofPants said:
Eh?

I'm about 70% in both ears. Genetic, from my dad's side. So no, not completely. I can hear fine with hearing aids, and without, I can make out most bass sounds.
"Legally" then. I was mainly wondering if you could hear well enough with hearing aids.

Rather be deaf. At least you could still function and be productive.

If your blind, you couldn't work (for the most part) and you'd pretty much need someone to care for you.

At one point in my life, this would have been an easy choice. I would have chosen blindness any day.

Then Fran Drescher became a TV star, and I heard that damn voice...and now all these years later I try desperately every day to UNhear it...

Sounds used to bring the greatest joys in my life. Now, I think sights bring me more joy. Especially since I started hiking.

Back