WTF?!?!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sitting there, typing a response to some left leaning illogical answer & POP!...a small fireball goes whizzing out of my case & everyting shuts down. I took the mobo out & inspected everything & hopefully it's only the powert supply (some cheapie). Nothing else looks burnt & there was no smell. Looks like my leisurely Saturday just got busy :(

Gonz said:
Sitting there, typing a response to some left leaning illogical answer & POP!...a small fireball goes whizzing out of my case & everyting shuts down. I took the mobo out & inspected everything & hopefully it's only the powert supply (some cheapie). Nothing else looks burnt & there was no smell. Looks like my leisurely Saturday just got busy :(

[cough] Karma[/cough]

Ya betcha there buddy boy. That's okay. I won't let left leaning bad karma keep me down too long.

Gonz said:
Ya betcha there buddy boy. That's okay. I won't let left leaning bad karma keep me down too long.
:rofl:

BTW, there's no such thing as karma. What goes around usually does not come around.

oops. Fireballs usually mean a further spread of damage, but not always. I'll keep my hopes up for ya.

Power supplies are not where you want to skimp, BTW. They have a disturbing tendency to take mobos and drives when they flame out, and cause all sorts of wierd shit if they just throw bad voltages.

New case & PS....it's working. Haven't tested all but it's a good start.

*whew*

Be nice or I'll see if GOD ALMIGHTY can find a minute or two :D

ATX847WRP.jpg

Mine's the red one. Dig the top. I've already got an 80mm in there sucking the bad vibes out.
ocsystem_1795_8796195

... And that is exactly why you should clean the dust out of your PSU every once in a while.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if you'd stop bashing everyone on the left side of the political scales.

Back