Ye Olde Cube Farm

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
cubicles are functional and to some extent i like them, but take a look at all the "office", looks like a production block.

HubbaHubba

never understood cubicles .. i figure if you were to take them away it would increase morale and you'd see a work improvement .. this is as long as you have at least slightly diligant workers

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Things have certainly changed

TYPING.GIF

greenfreak

None of my users need that kind of power, it's just not neccessary to spend that extra money. We go with 1.8ghz, 128mb ram, 20gb hd, etc. We run Citrix Metaframe so all their applications are run after logging onto a central server.

flavio

Banned
I don't know what I'm doing that needs that much power either but I'm not complaining.

There were some users on Citrix at a job I had awhile back. I tthink they were all on Winterm thin clients. I never was really sure what I thought of the whole deal.

greenfreak

We have tons and tons of Winterms. They were part of the reason why I was hired; we rolled out replacement of dumb terminals with WYSE Winterms and replacement of Novell with Citrix in one summer.

The WYSE units are flimsy POS. I just can't wait for the fun to begin once they're out of warranty. I always have at least one RMA open with WYSE for a terminal. I have to instruct my users not to turn their terminals off every day because the buttons break frequently. No way to turn it on without the button so the whole thing has to be replaced. :rolleyes:

Professur

One of our customers is an insurance company, with work-at-home agents. DSL-Lynksys-Wyse. Service calls usually involve simply yanking out everything from the DSL inward and changing it. There's not even an attempt to fix anything.

greenfreak

I usually have a bunch of repaired units at the office that I just send out to them, have them send the affected piece (either the base or the monitor) back to WYSE for repair and the other piece back to me.

The amount of money we spend in shipping to California for every return is insane.