Yep! You herd it here!

Mare

Pay-per-view funeral Webcasts
Go live in Britain
Mourners who can't attend services can pay last respects via the Internet

LONDON - Pay-per-view funerals go live online in Britain on Tuesday, allowing mourners who cannot attend services in person to pay their last respects via the Internet.

Despite criticism of the scheme as macabre, the company who launched the service, Wesley Music, is planning to offer it to crematoria across the country who will charge a one-off payment of around $150 for access to a funeral Webcast.

Mourners use the password to access a live online broadcast of the funeral service captured by a small camera mounted in the chapel.

"Families are dispersed across the world these days and sometimes it's the case that someone cannot get home in time for a funeral," said Alan Jeffrey, director of Wesley Music.

"For those who need it, this is a very important service. It means that rather than being excluded, they can at least witness and be a part of a funeral as it happens. In a time of stress this is something that can ease the pain."

David Powell, of funeral directors Henry Powell and Son in Southampton, southern England said he had already tested the service during three funerals. He insisted they remained private, intimate affairs despite being broadcast on the Web.

Mare

I mean really, I can understand the concept, for family members whom absolutely can't make it, but I just had to shake my head at this one. I honestly couldn't imagine watching a viewing on the computer. And would the parties involved be able to see you?

Damn, I forgot my "a" in heard-herd,DUH