You want frivilous lawsuit? I got frivilous lawsuit!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
everybody's favorite agenda driven site...wikifuckinpedia said:
A self-professed "defender of the downtrodden," Chambers is known for liberal policies

My what a surprise. It'd take a head-up-his-ass lib to sue God.

Bet he loses. And I wouldn't want to have to answer for this little stunt. Hell ain't half full.

Whack away, usual three suspects (aka Larry, Moe and Curly). We all eagerly await your usual bullshit.

markjs

Banned

Bet he loses. And I wouldn't want to have to answer for this little stunt. Hell ain't half full.

Whack away, usual three suspects (aka Larry, Moe and Curly). We all eagerly await your usual bullshit.

Could that be a link you learned that with?

We all know, since SnP has recently so graciously pointed it out, that only an idiot with no ability to think for themselves would use an internet link to grab a handily ready made opinion to support his case.

I mean wasn't it you, the very bastion of all that is true, good, and right, that taught us poor misguided souls, who have so stupidly embraced the times, and the technology that is available to us, the error of our ways when you said these sage words, O' great one?

How did some people manage to survive before a "link" existed? Damn, people used to have to think for themselves and formulate their own opinions. Now they sit on their ass and demand "links", so someone else can tell them what they should think. I'd hate to think that my entire existence and philosophy was dependent on wikifuckinpedia.

Wasn't the Associated Press article, the kind that is found in an old fasioned type reputable source, known by the ancients as a "newspaper", enough for you to understand what was going on here, did you need to use an evil link to get your opinion from O' great one? Our faith in your divine truths, is somehwat shaken!?!

O' great one, we simple folk become confused as we do so easily! And without you to teach us how to think rightly what then shall we do?

Perhaps follow more of your inspired doctrine, (which clearly I have failed to do in this case)?

Quit feedin' the trolls!

My faith in your divine perfection definitely is slipping O' great one! Perhaps you may have been speaking in code about yourself when you said the inspired words:

Just takes a little time before it contradicts itself.

What are we of feeble minds to do when our role models fall from grace? Who shall we turn to? God why hast though forsaken us?!? Perhaps we should sue you!

Now, back to reality, I implore people to read the article before you let SnP hijack the thread, because the senator makes a fairly valid point, in my opinion, that I formed all on my own, without knowing his party affiliation, which incidentally, isn't democratic, before I could allow myself to become outraged just because the guy is politically different than I am, and miss the point. Still his lawsuit ought to be the number one example of "frivilous lawsuit" when history records it, but it was made in outrage about another bit of frivilous law:

Associated Press said:
Chambers said the lawsuit was triggered by a federal suit filed against a judge who recently barred words such as "rape" and "victim" from a sexual assault trial.

I mean hell I agree with the federal suit against the judge, at least in that it's completely preposterous, what the judge did. What does the very mention of descriptive words about a crime in the trial of said crime do to the trial? Sounds like a way to make it hard to convict a good 'ol boy, but is it really necessary to bring suit against a judge? This helps how? I suppose if it stops judges from being asses about shit like this, then maybe it's not so frivilous, but my legal degree is at the dry cleaner, and I can't tell you till I get it back (perhaps they've lost it).

The point is that frivilous lawsuits abound, and is suing "gawd" any worse than some of the shit that goes on? Hell he may win, his greivances with the almighty sound fairly legit, and he aint askin for a payout like all those other greedy idiots who cash in on the system, only a "permanent injunction", what ever that means. I hope when the case goes before the judge, he grants the injunction and stops the terror of the gods in it's tracks!

Oh wait, actually I believe he will win the suit, because I think "gawd" might be busy with other more pressing matters that day, and there miss the court date, and have a summary judgment issued against him, in favor of the plaintiff's motion for the injunction.

BTW, as best as I can understand it, being anti frivilous lawsuits is primarily a GOP party line issue, but since I don't need to check with my political party (not to mention that I don't even belong to a political party) before forming an opinion, like SnP just did. I agree with the GOP on this one, if indeed it is them leading that fight.

ResearchMonkey

Yawn . . . Another Liberal using the courts (which we pay for BTW) as his personal toilet to try to effect change. As opposed to actually having support and legislate how is being paid to do.

So twats new?

I don't believe in God.
I'm going to sue God.
Hence I'm bearing false witness to the court.

But truly, it's like sueing a drunk Illegal alien that wrecks into your:

you sue,
he runs to mexico,
you win by default,
he drops one of his middle names,
he comes back in a week,
you never collect a cent.

I hope he wins, Good luck collecting.

:tomato:

chcr

Too cute for words
God damned liberals!

God damned conservatives!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

:yawn:

2minkey

bootlicker

seems like you beat most to the punch with the "usual bullshit."

in any case, back to discussion among adults...

the funny part is, if this guy is a liberal, he's playing right into the hands of conservative groups by mocking frivolous lawsuits. yeah, let's make lawsuits seem silly (or rather, sillier than they often already do)... and whose line is that?

insurance companies, of course. not exactly the most liberal folks out there. at all.

hmmmm... maybe this guy's just dumb.... nah, no maybe about it....

ResearchMonkey

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

"It rubs the lotion on it skin"

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Larry said:
The point is that frivilous lawsuits abound, and is suing "gawd" any worse than some of the shit that goes on? Hell he may win

I'd imagine God would respond pro se. He's been known to do that. IMO, Johnny Cochran et al don't stand much of a chance.

As to the rest...whatever. I've clearly stated my thoughts on the value of opinions as opposed to fact. Little room for argument which of the two that...contribution...falls into.

Inkara1

cba382fd-93ef-43b6-ba47-ca45c36d137b-small.jpg

Always look what's behind the person before you take a picture.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
seems like you beat most to the punch with the "usual bullshit."

in any case, back to discussion among adults...

the funny part is, if this guy is a liberal, he's playing right into the hands of conservative groups by mocking frivolous lawsuits. yeah, let's make lawsuits seem silly (or rather, sillier than they often already do)... and whose line is that?

insurance companies, of course. not exactly the most liberal folks out there. at all.

hmmmm... maybe this guy's just dumb.... nah, no maybe about it....

Ok, there's Moe. Now all we need is Curly and the trifecta is complete, and we can all rest easy.

markjs

Banned
I'd imagine God would respond pro se. He's been known to do that. IMO, Johnny Cochran et al don't stand much of a chance.

As to the rest...whatever. I've clearly stated my thoughts on the value of opinions as opposed to fact. Little room for argument which of the two that...contribution...falls into.

For a simple man who doesn't give things much thought, perhaps, so allow someone who actually was thinking about it, and not just having kneejerk reactions, clarify it for you.

The point is that frivilous lawsuits abound.

Is suing "gawd" any worse than some of the shit that goes on?

I am sorry I have fellen short of your "perfection" O' great one, am I perfectly clear now?

markjs

Banned
Perhaps if some people around here were not so easiy to run intellectual circles around continually....

Oh where am I going with that....? Nevermind.

Keep it civil - Luis G

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

lpo070918.gif

markjs

Banned

MY GOD! What a TERRIBLE likeness of O.J., thank god the caption identifies him, because if that was an artist's rendering for police use, they might have Mike Tyson behind bars now, and we all know what a saint that guy is!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

God damned liberals!

"There have been various groups, referred to as conservative, or Christian right, or whatever, who have used the courts to advance their very narrow, and in my view, bigoted agendas," Chambers said.
Source

Someday, you'll believe in something.