$1.9T Increase ?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ugh, excuse me.

60-40?

I heard that Massachusetts elected a new Senator. Upon that election, it should have made Kennedys questionable replacement ineligible to vote in teh Seante.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
AMENDMENT XVII
Passed by Congress May 13, 1912. Ratified April 8, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 3, of the Constitution was modified by the 17th amendment.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.

This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.

Not a single word about awaiting validation.

catocom

yep
something is amiss with this thing

I thought he musta got seated, and maybe somebody jumped the line.
I'm still investigating.

If they don't make a BIG stink over this, something is even more wrong than I first thought.

ResearchMonkey

Based on Massachusetts law, Senate precedent, and the U.S. Constitution, Republican attorneys said Kirk will no longer be a senator after election day, period. Brown meets the age, citizenship, and residency requirements in the Constitution to qualify for the Senate. “Qualification” does not require state “certification,” the lawyers said.

<s>

The Senate subcommittee and committee concluded, based on its hearing and review, that “the term of service of a Senator appointed to fill a vacancy in an unexpired term ends on the day when his successor is elected by the people.” 1939 Congressional Record, p. 998.

RedState
We don't need no stinkin' rules.

catocom

Re: $1,905,600,000,000.00 increase !

Trust me Buddie this is way beyond something being rotten in the state of Denmark.

yeah, but if a Big stink isn't made, that means even the people I'm trusting are in on it.:alienhuh:

catocom

passed by a "Simple majority"... 5 votes!

no, no, they didn't get the message yet.

more business as UN-usual.
This is Not the way our so-called government is supposed to work.
IMO there's absolutely criminal activity up there, and no-one to prosecute it.

ethics? sheesh, that's a joke anymore.
Crooks.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Haiti-athon raised Sixty six million dollars on one day.

Do that every single day for 156 years & this years overrun can be paid.

catocom

pssst! Hayworth is challenging McCain's senate seat.

I dunno, I like Palin but I'm not willing to say "yes" quite yet. And she's a chick. I love goils, but chicks are chicks and this job is not really a job for chick. OK she can kill and bleed a moose, that is a plus, but she is still a chick and that means inherent problems.

I've shared my house with 10 chicks this week-end, I can't explain it in full nor would I try to. Chicks have something wrong them, it is a common factor in all of them. They all deny they have it, but claim all other wimmin' folk do have it. :beafraid:

Palin and brown, are going to stump for McyC.
Time for the Tea Party to show their colors, and show Hayworth is the Real leader wanted.

Go Hay!

2minkey

bootlicker
hayworth is porcine.

it would be really nice if you all got someone with fiscal sensibility who was not socially backwards.

catocom

what would be nice is if more people in general would step up to the plate.

actually I'm more anti-McCain, than I am pro Hayworth, personally.
I'd say why but am not in the mood for the ridicule atm.

2minkey

bootlicker
perhaps someone who looks to henry ford as an example in dealing with immigrants?

(and before you whine, look it up yourself.)

Winky

There isn't anything the magical Negro can't do!

Oh Jeebus Gonz doncha know that Conservative American values
and those who believe in them
have been deemed socially backwards?

Only once all these oldtimers have passed on will we finally be
able to get with this full on Sodom and Gomorrah party goin' on!